Thread: Greetings from central ny page

Monty is offline Senior Member

Greetings from central ny

Hi all.

My name is Cory and I've been visiting MDA for about 2 weeks now. Books are coming soon...a little birthday gift from my wife. I just moved to the north Syracuse area, so any fellow Primals, lets grok on!

I am 5' 10" and 220# and just about to turn 30. I am a fairly solid 220, except for the spare tire and man boobies I am currently sporting. I'm an on and off crossfitter (off only because we've recently moved), and I practically lived in the gym at college. Following all the bad CW and then trying (and failing) at Zone, has put me in the body I have today. In just the week I've been (or my attempt at) PB, I can already feel a difference. My energy levels are really high, especially after eating. Usualy, a Dunkin Donuts large coffee (with cream and sugar) could only make me feel that energetic. I've cut out sugars, wheat and all that other crap, and I've never felt better...besides the occasional headache.

I'm looking to become healthier, leaner, stronger, and more energetic than I ever have been, and have fun doing it. If I look better without a shirt on, than that's a bonus. From just the few days on MDA, I know PB is life style change I've been looking for.

Monty

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Hey Monty, welcome from another New Yorker! I don't think there are too many of us here outside of NYC so it's good to see some representation.

Hey carlh, thanks for the welcome. I hope some locals come out of the woodwork. A local support/grok group would be awesome. Catch ya on the forum.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Hi from Ithaca! =]

I've met two people from the forums in "real life" - one lives near Corning, and the other is a little outside of Rochester. I know there was at least one person from Buffalo, too.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

mheise is offline Junior Member
    Hi Monty,
    I am also from Syracuse, NY.

I started a little over 6 weeks ago and have lost 26# and like you feel better than ever.

Holy crap mheise...congrats to ya! That's great. I hope to have similar results.

I live in Central Square, but commute down to the City for work. How 'bout you (if you don't mind me asking)?

Hello there mayness...I'll check out your blog. I'm always looking for good recipes.

mheise is offline Junior Member
    Hi Monty,
    All of my success has come directly from the site, including Mark's posts and the forums. I have yet to read the PB book, though I have obtained a copy of "Good Calories... Bad Calories" which is named in some of the forums as a must read from the library just yesterday. I'll be honest, I was skeptical, but the results speak for themselves. Both I and my DW think so.

I live and work on the southern end of the city on Onondaga Hill.

Cd24747 is offline Junior Member
    Bump. Checking in from Camillus NY. Where are you getting your food?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi from Corning, Monty!

Yep, there are a few of us around. I highly recommend making your way down to Ithaca at some point. Lovely farmers market there, and GreenStar Co-Op. Lots of good stuff to be had in the entire region, actually.