Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pork Rinds question page

soniayak is offline Member

Pork Rinds question

Primal Fuel
    What are pork rinds fried in? The labels never say.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Usually in their own lard.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I don't care what they are fried in, I eat the crap out of them. I bought a giant tub at Sam's Club with 36 servings on it and I think I'll be lucky to get 10 servings out of it by the time I finish it.

I FUCKING LOVE PORK RINDS.

Although if they are fried in their own lard then I suddenly feel MUCH less guilty about it, haha!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    We love them at our house with egg salad! Especially the spicey ones. If we are getting low we call them PIG FUR -- for some reason doing that keeps my daughter out of them for a couple days and makes more for us!

Rivven: I sure wish you had a little more enthusiasm!

ericfoster3 is offline Senior Member
    In this video, they say "lard"

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    I keep wanting to try these and my husband keeps telling me that I will hate them. I don't want to buy a package and prove him right. haha

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Pork rinds are amazing. I use them to dip in tuna fish made w/ avocado (instead of mayo). They are the best thing I've found for a "chip texture" replacement. Not to mention I like the taste.

Adrianne: give them a try, you can usually find them for $2 or less a bag... it's worth at least that to see if you like them. Try the plain ones though, the flavored ones (unless you flavored them yourself) usually have a bunch of junk in them.

Quote Originally Posted by darienx19 View Post
    Pork rinds are amazing. I use them to dip in tuna fish made w/ avocado (instead of mayo). They are the best thing I've found for a "chip texture" replacement. Not to mention I like the taste.

Adrianne: give them a try, you can usually find them for $2 or less a bag... it's worth at least that to see if you like them. Try the plain ones though, the flavored ones (unless you flavored them yourself) usually have a bunch of junk in them.
    Sweet, I will give them a shot!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    If you have a Hispanic market you can find them fresh in the deli, and they will season them there with pure seasonings. Other than there I have only found one brand that has decent ingredients for the seasoned ones.

NOTE: Do NOT smell the bag when you first open them up, you may not want to try them. Also, not a great idea to watch Charolettes Web or Bab while you are trying them for the first time

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by redflame View Post
    if you have a hispanic market you can find them fresh in the deli, and they will season them there with pure seasonings. Other than there i have only found one brand that has decent ingredients for the seasoned ones.

Note: Do not smell the bag when you first open them up, you may not want to try them. Also, not a great idea to watch charolettes web or bab while you are trying them for the first time
    lmfao

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast