Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slackline! Great form of Play page 3

WIChuck is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Slack line looks like fun. I happened on a few people doing it and took photos for the paper I work for. Kind of wish I had tried it at their invitation, but I was running to get enough photos for the paper.

Hooligan is offline Junior Member
    Just ordered myself a gibbon classic 82'! Any tips for me? Creative ideas on where to hook it up...

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
    Just ordered myself a gibbon classic 82'! Any tips for me? Creative ideas on where to hook it up...
    I have the same. Great fun. To set it up, best to use a couple of big trees and make sure you use something to protect the bark. We don't have trees in the right place in our backyard so I sunk a couple of soil anchors (basically a wire cable about 1 m long with a toggle head harpoon at the end. You drive it into the ground with a piece of Rebar, remove the Rebar and yank on the cable. That will cause the head to toggle and anchor the whole thing.). Then you have two unobtrusive cable loops at the soil line. You will need something to elevate the line. We used plastic 5-gal buckets last year. I the beginning, keep the distance between the supports low so you get a more stable line to practice on. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    I have the same. Great fun. To set it up, best to use a couple of big trees and make sure you use something to protect the bark. We don't have trees in the right place in our backyard so I sunk a couple of soil anchors (basically a wire cable about 1 m long with a toggle head harpoon at the end. You drive it into the ground with a piece of Rebar, remove the Rebar and yank on the cable. That will cause the head to toggle and anchor the whole thing.). Then you have two unobtrusive cable loops at the soil line. You will need something to elevate the line. We used plastic 5-gal buckets last year. I the beginning, keep the distance between the supports low so you get a more stable line to practice on. Have fun.
    Ok cool, that all makes sense.

I just got it last night and took it to my parents house (they have more trees), So I set it up but the line was sitting on an angle. How do you get the line to lay flat?

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Ok cool, that all makes sense.

I just got it last night and took it to my parents house (they have more trees), So I set it up but the line was sitting on an angle. How do you get the line to lay flat?
    what do you mean "sitting on an angle?" did you attach it equally high up on both trees? that would make the most sense. if you mean that the line is twisted, I set mine up so the ratcheting buckle is on the bottom. that way the weight of the handle doesn't twist the webbing around
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    what do you mean "sitting on an angle?" did you attach it equally high up on both trees? that would make the most sense. if you mean that the line is twisted, I set mine up so the ratcheting buckle is on the bottom. that way the weight of the handle doesn't twist the webbing around
    I set it up around 2' off the ground, ratchet handle down (just like on the gibbon website) but the strap was on an angle. So when not standing on it is was like this... / ... well not that steep but still angled.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I set it up around 2' off the ground, ratchet handle down (just like on the gibbon website) but the strap was on an angle. So when not standing on it is was like this... / ... well not that steep but still angled.
    Try reducing the tension and twisting the line a bit where it passes throu the loop (where it is cinched up to the tree). You should be able to get it to lay flat. Then crank up the tension and hop on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123