Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what or who led you here to Primal page

Suse is offline Senior Member

what or who led you here to Primal

Primal Fuel
    I found out about MDA and the primal blueprint through Nerdfitness.com. Steve linked to this site in many of his weekly blogs and finally one day i clicked on the link and have never looked back (actually thats a lie, i still read Nerdfitness ) how did you get here. what if anything made it all 'click' for you.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    I was gonna ask that EXACT same question!!

I came through fitnessblackbook, I was looking for some information on slowly getting rid of some of my muscle mass as felt I was too stocky for a girl.

Thankfully I read through PB and realised it wasn't the exercise that was so much of the problem!

woo-hoo!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

localad is offline Senior Member
    For me PB was the ultimate and logical destination of an 18 month voyage of enlightenment around the internet.

What originally launched that trip 2 years ago was my 'discovery' of ketosis, (via a meal replacement VLCD).
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

tooround is offline Senior Member
    I was lurking on the weight lifters threads at 3FC. Several of the posters do crossfit. One had a picture of her abs for an avatar. I was so impressed! I followed her to her blog and here. Almost immediately ordered the book.

Grizz is offline Banned
    That is an easy answer. I visited MDA a while back, and thought the whole concept was BULLSH*T, and Mark was clearly a shyster peddling books & pills. Bread and grains BAD for our health? Impossible. Someone was smoking something, and I wanted some. It was BLASPHEMY, all of it !

At the time I was searching for answers to my questions about "Toxic Liver" that I had heard of in a seminar. Someone at another discussion group mentioned Cardiologist Dr. Davis, and when I read his reports on wheat & grains, my chin dropped.
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

That was when I took a 2nd look at Marks web site and started reading his many articles. Next thing I bought his book and my entire family is now on the Primal Diet. If it weren't for Dr. Davis, we would NOT have believed in the Primal/Paleo concept AT ALL. To this days people roll their eyes and walk away if I mention that grains are unhealthy. Everyone is totally brain washed on this subject and it is an impossible concept to promote.

Best to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-12-2010 at 03:31 AM.

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member
    I was just surfing through Amazon for health and fitness books. Saw The PB a couple of times and eventually took the big click!!
    Read and lurked on the forum for about a month as it took a while for my carb brain to understand that it didn't really NEED carbs.
    Went Primal on 01 June 2010 and haven't looked back. I'm usually only 80/20 or 70/30 on the weekends but I dropt 3kg in 2 weeks and have maintained weight (63kg / 165cm) since then, quite easily.
    I'll take this opportunity to say 'Thanks Mark for introducing PB to the (my) world'.
    Cheers!!

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member
    I heard Mark on one of Jimmy Moore's podcasts. I had already been low carbing, and the PB seemed like a natural progression for me.

Josie is offline Junior Member
    I had read Loren Cordain's book that a friend had and just jumped right in. Then with some searching I found MDA- I even have an app on my iphone. I had struggled with wheat/ gluten problems so it was a great way of living for me. All those gluten free substitutes still made me feel ill. This isn't just a DIET it's a way of life. I can't see myself eating any other way. Though the weight loss is slow the fat loss and inces are coming off. The big plus is I feel AMAZING! My body no longer constanlty hurts me. I frequently hear from others how amazing I look.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    I was ill from food intolerances and the side effects of celiac disease and suffering from an increasingly limited diet. I found MDA and discovered a massive group of people who were eating similarly to me but from CHOICE!!! I can't tell you how much of a difference that made - stopped me feeling like a freak and more like someone who was making a healthy choice. I cut out the few remaining foods that MDA said would cause problems and upped my fat intake and things got much, much better.

localad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Grizz; good effort on your Research Report!! Very handy references.
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast