Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Football Draft Snack Suggestions? page 2

Krist Guest

Primal Fuel

Oh, my!! That Bacon Explosion looks fantastic! maba, I like the idea of deviled eggs as well....I'll probably go with those too! Thanks, folks!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Did someone say, "Guacamole" yet???

Men have fallen in love with me for making fresh Guac.

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Priceless: Following up the guac with a dessert of chocolate pudding, and for the life of them nobody can guess that it's also made from avocado

Geoff is offline Member

Some other options that haven't been posted yet:

a big crab, shrimp, or crawfish boil

jerky (just make sure it's clean meat)

chili (w/o beans of course)

watermelon

Wendy1 Guest

Giant turkey drumsticks! I just bought some today at our local natural foods store. These particular ones came precooked/smoked but I have done them from raw before. I usually parboil them in a mix of spices, garlic (used to add in beer but you could do without that or use fresh-squeezed juice for some extra flavor). When they come out of the parboil, rub them with more spices and wrap overnight. Then the next day, grill and brush with a PB-style sauce as you grill (just to get some grill marks and color). I made a sauce for pork chops last night that would be pretty good: rough chopped peach and apple, put in a pot with some water, balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, spices, garlic, onion. cook until soft. Then blend with immersion blender. You could do most any fruit you have on hand, though, or go with a tomato-based, no-sugar option.

Krist Guest

That sounds lovely, Wendy1...I might have to incorporate that idea somehow. I was trying to avoid grilling, but some of these ideas just sound too good to pass up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12