Thread: Australian/NZ PBers, Have You Read "Manthropology"? page

JeffC is offline Senior Member

Australian/NZ PBers, Have You Read "Manthropology"?

Shop Now
    I first heard about this book a few months ago and considered ordering it from Australia but a U.S. version will be released soon. It seems a little contrived and reviews have a lot of sensational claims so perhaps it is more entertainment than educational. Any thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Manthropology-...6840078&sr=8-1

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    I have Manthropology and am now on my second reading. I really enjoyed it but it made me feel kind of inadequate knowing that our paleo brethren and neanderthals could do pretty much everything waaaaayyyy better than me.

However it did lead me on a search that resulted in me finding this site so I am thankful for it. It is a good book and an easy entertaining read.

If you want evidence to back up Mark's claims about our paleo ancestors then this is the book for you.

Eric5105 is offline Member
    Looks like an interesting read. I will probably get the U.S. release later this month.

Thanks for the responses. It is not very expensive and certainly sounds entertaining, so I will probably order it in a few days together with the PB Cookbook.

Another great book first released in Australia was "Molvania" a mock travel book about a fictitious Eastern European country (probably based upon a cross between Moldova and the Romanian region of Translyvania). It is a bit of a one tone book but funny. I had to order that one before it was released in the US and am glad I did but I can wait a few more days for "Manthropology."
    Last edited by JeffC; 10-14-2010 at 06:07 AM.

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    I've got Molvania too. There's a series of them another is about a SE Asian country and another is a central American one. The fellows that write them started out when in Uni in Melbourne doing comedy shows for the ABC before branching out. They did a fishing show called, "A river somewhere" filmed all over the world then started doing movies. They made. "The Castle" the lead character of that is now a recognised Australian icon....sigh. They also made, "The Dish" about an Aussie space tracking station involved in the moon landing.

Very talented fellows.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    I've got Molvania too. There's a series of them another is about a SE Asian country and another is a central American one. The fellows that write them started out when in Uni in Melbourne doing comedy shows for the ABC before branching out. They did a fishing show called, "A river somewhere" filmed all over the world then started doing movies. They made. "The Castle" the lead character of that is now a recognised Australian icon....sigh. They also made, "The Dish" about an Aussie space tracking station involved in the moon landing.

Very talented fellows.
    Yes I have the two sequels as well although I think I lent them out to friends. It's a great joke to give them to a friend and pretend like it is a real place they might want to go to and then see how long it takes them to get the joke. If they are really good with geography, like I am, the joke will not last very long but with most people you might be able to drag it on for a few minutes.

I read somewhere a few days ago online that they did a 30 minute TV spoof of Molvania but cannot seem to locate it online. You know about that?

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sounds like an interesting book. I'll be buying a copy soon.