Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Fuel...$99 for a 2.84 pound container...am I reading that correctly? page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Question Primal Fuel...$99 for a 2.84 pound container...am I reading that correctly?

Primal Fuel
    Is that a misprint?

I understand it's 30 servings, and that it's very high quality, but that's far and away the most expensive powdered protein product on the market.

I would never consider spending that much money on a supplement. Kudos to those of you who can though. I hope to be in your shoes one day.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I about fell off my chair...probably twice what I was expecting it to cost

Though I might not have bought it anyway--I've been weaning myself off protein drinks and sticking more with real food.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    I was a little curious about this myself. That's quite a bit for protein powder it seems. No offense to Mark but it even seems to go against what the MDA site is about a little bit. He said himself in a previous post about protein powder:

Bodybuilders are drawn to the “purity” of whey isolate, lured by the moderately higher protein counts. Isolate is also considerably more expensive than concentrate, and the purported boost in beneficial effects on protein synthesis are overstated; drinking any kind of whey protein shake will have a beneficial effect on your muscle recovery and protein synthesis. Whey protein is whey protein, and concentrate allows you to get more for your money. Go with concentrate unless you’re terribly sensitive to dairy (in which case it might be a better idea to just eat a steak instead).

Plus it seems to have quite a few ingredients with sucrose being one of them. It just made me a little curious because we've gotten Jarrow unflavored protein powder before with only Whey Protein and soy lecithin in it before. According to his previous post I'm not sure why that wouldn't be better unless you're sensitive to dairy. I guess it seems to be marketed as more of a meal replacement than protein powder only at second glance.

Toro is offline Junior Member
    I too was surprised at the price. But I also had questions on the ingredients: maltodextrin and sodium caseinate. I'm not a nutritionist or biologist, but isn't one of those a sugar made from corn, and the other a casein? It seems like nether of these items is truly primal, but I can understand some sacrifices as a trade off for convenience. Not really as big a deal-breaker for me as the price, but I am curious.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, me too. I was wondering if anyone was going to comment. I didn't want to be the first. If PB truly developed this, and went through the entire process of finding ingredients and research and development, then I might understand a little higher than normal price. However, $99.00 is pretty steep.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    *testing for deletion*
    Last edited by Jokaman70; 10-11-2010 at 01:16 PM.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Pricey. That'll buy a lot of wild caught salmon from my local grocery...

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i have no idea why anyone would buy that stuff. REAL FOOD!!!!! all i gotta say sorry mark
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Grizz is offline Banned
    AHHH But Don't forget FREE GIFTS are included!

Hmm, $99 still seems VERY expensive even with free gifts. I have raw 3 lbs of Raw Eggs for HALF that price! (LOTS of protein)

This one is $15 at WalMart

Could it be a Typo? Maybe he meant $9.99 ?
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-11-2010 at 01:35 PM.

smhsailaway is offline Member
    I suppose it is supply and demand. Maybe they are thinking.. if you are going to do the whey thing, might as well get the best. Still $99 is way high. I have to remind myself this is a company too, and they are in the hottest market out there. Though if you go looking online for Protein powders, it's exhausting. Real food for me. Everytime i drink Protein powder drinks, or smoothies, even home made, there is always indigestion, and the chocolate or sweetness of it just makes me want more. The whole idea is to get off sugar cravings.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast