Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herschel Walker, Intermittent Fasting page

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

Herschel Walker, Intermittent Fasting

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is an interesting article a friend turned me on to: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/10/11...ex.html?hpt=C2

I always liked Herschel, especially since he played here in Dallas for the Cowboys. Check out his diet. I wonder what he really eats?

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Wow, the man is a machine, that's awesome. Good find.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I love Herschel, there is a video of him talking about his training as a boy. "I didn't have no gym, so I just did stuff around the house... 500 dips, 400 pull ups, 1,000 sit ups, everyday"

The numbers I'm making up from memory but sort of match what the article states. I bet it's his multiple personalities helping him get those reps in there...

I wonder if he's Muslim? Why would a southern boy be a vegetarian?

I think that muscles react to training, plain and simple, they don't really NEED outrageous amounts of proteins, or exact ratios of carbs, etc in order to be there. As long as you stimulate them, they will develop (the type of development will depend on the type of training, obviously) Herschel is another example of that. A dude that busts his ass training but doesn't care to micromanage his diet. Even his fasting isn't planned.

However, after all is said and done, can we say Herschel is HEALTHY? He may look great, be able to perform in his sport, but is he healthy? Eating a meat free diet (he's gotta eat eggs right?!?!) and eating "bread and salad" for dinner, can he really be healthy?

He is vegetarian, but not vegan from what I could draw. He also owns a fried chicken chain and some kind of meat processing plant. I makes a valid point, but I would certainly not try to duplicate his training methods.

A vegetarian that owns a meat processing plant?

I guess he's got his mind on his money ...

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    From a few articles I read, he has been vegetarian for the last 20 years. So, he didn't grow up that way it doesn't sound like.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I
    Why would a southern boy be a vegetarian?
    ?
    haha my thoughs exactly

Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    From a few articles I read, he has been vegetarian for the last 20 years. So, he didn't grow up that way it doesn't sound like.
    As a MMA fighter, there's no way he doesn't have a trainer or something making him at least drink whey protein or something. I'd definitely be interested in some sort of journal form Herschel. Anything IF intrigues me.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Some people believe crazy things like that meat is bad for you and then bread and a salad constitutes a meal. What is with these athletes and their ridiculous nutrition? Michael Phelps becomes to mind. Like yeah you can still be a good athlete if you eat junk but if you have the genes and the nutrition you can be like John Meadows. http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.c...ith-liver.html
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Yeah, he says he doesn't count the macros that he eats, but there is probably some trainer that does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast