Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Duck...Duck...DUCK!

Threaded View

Duck...Duck...DUCK!

I roasted a duck for the first time this weekend and it was amazing!! Had to share. If you haven't tried duck before...man oh man is it delicious. My boyfriend and I had carved it up and put it on our plates, but before we could even take our plates to the dining room we stood over the carcass picking duck meat from the bones and shoveling it into our faces! We couldn't believe how delicious it was.

Anyway...

Crispy Roast Duck

1 duck (mine was 4.5 lbs)
    2 C. boiling water
    Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    Rinse duck, pat dry, and stab all over with a fork. (that was good primal fun!)
    Place duck on rack in roasting pan and pour boiling water over duck to tighten skin. Drain water from cavity into pan.
    Rub duck with salt & pepper
    Roast 30 minute breast side up, 30 minutes breast side down, and 30 minutes breast side up again.

Let duck rest while you pour delicious rendered duck fat from roasting pan into jar.

Eat delicious roasted duck with crispy skin with your fingers while standing in the kitchen.

Or...serve with veggies of choice, and I made the below chutney-type stuff that was delicious on the duck meat.

Balsamic Apple Chutney

1 Apple, chopped finely
    2 T. Butter
    2 T. Balsamic vinegar
    1/2 t. Salt

Saute apples in butter until quite soft.
    Add salt and vinegar.
    Stir until well combined and let cook a little longer until nice brown mushy goodness.
    Serve with duck meat.

So yummy....
    Last edited by TriCiCi; 10-11-2010 at 10:03 AM.