Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: No more shampoo/soap/shaving cream! page 2

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm almost 2 weeks poo-less, and my hair is lovely. Never dreamed I could not use shampoo! Like Shiggles, my hair is just so easy to do stuff with. Looking back, it really is all rather absurd, isn't it? Use detergent to strip everything away, replace it (sort of) with conditioner and styling products. Nuts!!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Bert is offline Junior Member

We make our own shampoo

check out www.inuksuk.be

STINGING NETTLES , NATURAL SHAMPOO WITHOUT HARSH CHEMICALS
    Nettle shoots, help to clean the body of toxins. They are used to treat inflammation of the urinary tract and kidney gravel.
    Lectins present in stinging nettle appear to stimulate the immune system.
    They also have an important cosmetic value! Used externally, the stinging nettle is a great hear tonic and growth stimulant and may even bring back the natural color of the hair.
    Inspired by our “Call of the Wild”, we now make our own Stinging Nettle shampoo! It’s fun, healthy, inexpensive, and …. without all the harsh chemicals!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    ...and may even bring back the natural color of the hair.
    I pay a lot of money to NOT bring back the natural color of my hair
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I pay a lot of money to NOT bring back the natural color of my hair
    HAH! Awesome.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I use the Dr. Bronners soap for everything - hair, body, shaving. I can't imagine shaving w/o anything...no way! My legs don't get quite as smooth with soap as they do with commercial shaving cream, but they're good enough. DH isn't complaining...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    I use the Dr. Bronners soap for everything - hair, body, shaving.
    Me too. Love Dr. Bronners and the peppermint version was very refreshing during the summer. Also like the TACT Olive Oil soap too. I sometimes use Kiss My Face or Burt's Bees shampoos.

I've been following these threads on no shampoo or soap and still don't think it would work for me. My skin is naturally oily (which is a good thing esp. in the no wrinkles department) and just rinsing my hair out with water just isn't going to work. And my skin feels better after using the olive oil or coconut oil/castile soaps than with plain water (and we have soft water here too).

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mizski View Post
    My skin is naturally oily (which is a good thing esp. in the no wrinkles department) and just rinsing my hair out with water just isn't going to work.
    Have you tried going without? Anybody who uses soap and shampoo is going to build up excess oil if they don't wash with it for a couple days. I was the same way; my hair was waxy and clumped when I first started skipping shampoo. It evens out when your scalp and skin realize they don't have to produce so much extra oil.

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    This whole concept, more than any other part of primal living, scares me the most. I can work up a STINK (I went 45 days with no shower at all in Iraq in '03) and I'd be worried that I'd have a 30 foot radius to myself based on the smell alone.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    im gonna try this when my shampoo runs out.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tried no-poo for a few months. At first I felt scuzzy, then my scalp adjusted and my hair looked and felt fantastic. After that I got a HORRIBLE outbreak of seborrhea dermatitis - which I had as a teenager, but hadn't had any in years. Six months later, it is still not completely under control - although it is getting better.

I wasn't primal at the time, so maybe that would have helped.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast