Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: No more shampoo/soap/shaving cream! page 16

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I just washed my hair with shampoo today (possible tick issue, and thought it might be better). This was the first time I used shampoo since March or so.

My hair feels like crap! I'm not sure how to describe it, but it feels terrible, and I'll probably have to do it again on Sunday. :/

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    So I just washed my hair with shampoo today (possible tick issue, and thought it might be better). This was the first time I used shampoo since March or so.

My hair feels like crap! I'm not sure how to describe it, but it feels terrible, and I'll probably have to do it again on Sunday. :/
    Do you have a friend who's willing to look through your scalp for ticks? They're usually pretty easy to find. When you're 'washing' your hair make sure to rub the tips of your fingers all along your scalp looking for tiny bumps. Be gentle, if you find one have your friend do a tick check. Think about monkeys I'm absolutely serious too, at summer camp we'd wear hats, but we'd also have tick checks every day or so where we'd all get in a circle and spend 20 minutes rifling through each others' hair looking for ticks.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I used to go 2-3 days without washing my hair (pre-primal, typical college eating) before it would get unbearably greasy. It helped that I had short hair that looked best as though I'd just rolled out of bed (showering at night helped). It did take a couple of weeks before my head really adjusted. Now I have longer hair, so the transition period is not something I'm looking forward to. It's also very thin naturally, so grease really shows up no matter how I style it. I desperately need a trim (split ends are increasing aaahhh!), but intend on trying to go without washing for longer once that's under control. My hair has been so dry lately that I can often get away with just conditioner and it looks/feels fine.

I'm very interested in Lush's natural products (see LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics). I used their henna (caca rouge & brun mixed) a couple of times and it made my hair feel great, though it smells quite odd. I think I'll do it again soon for a more natural change (used to have pink hair, I still miss it). I can still see a slight color change several months after the last application, which means I probably can't bleach/dye my hair with anything else until it grows out =\

I recently started using baking soda as deodorant due to uncomfortable underarm itch and my usual deodorant choices no longer working. No more itching and no more smells! My underarms are also much smoother when I wash them, which is nice. I plan on emptying a baby powder container and putting some baking soda in there so I can bring it to the gym/travelling. It also doesn't leave marks on my shirts as long as I brush off the excess with dry hands.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516