Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My primal Thanksgiving menu (with recipes and pictures!) page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

My primal Thanksgiving menu (with recipes and pictures!)

Primal Fuel
    I've been blogging Thanksgiving recipes lately, and finally devised a full menu. Enjoy!

http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot....nksgiving.html

Karma is offline Senior Member
    What time should I arrive. Can I bring a bottle of wine?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    The Thanksgiving menu is already on my radar as well (especially since I totally crashed and burned last Thanksgiving, and one meal turned into MONTHS of eating bread and drinking Pepsis and chugging Starbucks).

Your primal "cornbread" stuffing looks INCREDIBLE. I already have my turkey method and the green bean recipe I want, but had no idea what to do for the stuffing. I think I've just found it.

Your pumpkin tiramisu also looks GREAT.

You've really got some great recipes on your blog. Thanks for sharing these.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I will also make your delicata squash recipe. I only recently discovered this type of squash, and it immediately became my favorite. Even better than butternut!

RaeSuzanne is offline Junior Member
    Erica - thanks for sharing this! I have been thinking that I might have to retreat from the world during Thanksgiving and the rest of the holidays, because I can't imagine having enough willpower to avoid all grains and sugar.

Ideas and recipes like yours make me think I can enjoy AND stay on track.

Porcino-herb compound butter. I MUST try that!

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    The Thanksgiving menu is already on my radar as well (especially since I totally crashed and burned last Thanksgiving, and one meal turned into MONTHS of eating bread and drinking Pepsis and chugging Starbucks).

Your primal "cornbread" stuffing looks INCREDIBLE. I already have my turkey method and the green bean recipe I want, but had no idea what to do for the stuffing. I think I've just found it.

Your pumpkin tiramisu also looks GREAT.

You've really got some great recipes on your blog. Thanks for sharing these.
    Won't it be nice to have the big Thanksgiving meal without an insulin surge and blood sugar crash? I'm also going to do a turkey trot that morning.

Glad to see the delicata love!! My husband loves delicata squash boats stuffed with sausage and topped with applesauce.

AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    Green beans w/cream and the pumpkin tiramsu look like definites here.

rev
    rev is offline Junior Member
    The delicata squash looks divine. I'll have to find some and chop up some big chunks of onion to cook with it.

beenbean is offline Member
    I've been tracking development of some of the individual dishes, so this is the grand unveiling! I'm not in charge of Thanksgiving this year, but I'm definitely making the stuffing, if only for me-me-me. And probably the spaghetti squash and tiramisu, too. And I bet I'll be fighting off the non-primals to get my share. You're incredibly talented and generous to create and share this bounty. Thank you SO much!!!

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thank you SOOO much for the cornbread stuffing recipe. I'm hoping I can convince my mom to let me make this instead of the usual bread stuffing. I would just go for the turkey, steamed green beans and sweet potatoes sans marshmallows, but I've discovered that I'm so gluten-intolerant that I worry eating turkey that had been stuffed with gluten might well make me sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast