Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost Plus World Market 99% chocolate page

TigerJ is offline Senior Member

Cost Plus World Market 99% chocolate

Score! Someone posted a few weeks ago about reviewing many of the very dark (100% or near it) chocolates on her personal blog. I looked for the post here but couldn't find it. Anyway, she recommended the Cost Plus 99% as a good everyday bar (just $2 for 3oz) and so I tracked it down today. It is quite good! I have tried Ghirardelli's 100% baking chocolate and there is no comparison; Cost Plus makes that bar seem inedible.

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/i...ductId=3624321

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    The World Market 99% really does give great bang for the buck.

And that might have been my chocolate livejournal:

http://lissbliss.livejournal.com/

Chocolate is the boss of me.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Yes that's where I saw it. Thanks!

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    I found the Cost Plus 99% a bit too much taste wise. I just could not eat it. Instead I've opted for the Trader Joes Organic 72% chocolate. It's still quite dark and organic which is a plus and also $2 a bar. Anything over 85% is just too much for me taste wise to deal with.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    I found the Cost Plus 99% a bit too much taste wise. I just could not eat it. Instead I've opted for the Trader Joes Organic 72% chocolate. It's still quite dark and organic which is a plus and also $2 a bar. Anything over 85% is just too much for me taste wise to deal with.
    Heheh, opposite for me: anything less than 85% cocoa starts tasting like I'm eating pure sugar. In fact even though I consider myself a chocoholic, there's a bar of 85% dark Lindt in the pantry that I can't bring myself to finish. I'll chip away at it from time to time when I'm desperate, grabbing a square when I'm all out of the 90% stuff. But I've probably gone through about 15 of the 90% bars in the time it's taken me to eat 1/2 the 85% bar.

To each his own!

sf40 is offline Senior Member
    Guess I'm somewhere in the middle now ... Have been enjoying Trader Joe's 85% "dark chocolate lover's" bar. I will be making a trip to Cost Plus very soon to try that 99% bar!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Went out and bought 5 bars of the 99%, with a 10% off coupon. So that's only $1.79 per bar. What a deal! Had a taste--really good. Thanks for the tip
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    A bit intense for me. I've eaten 97% and even that's a stretch. I'm happy in the 85-90% range.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big L View Post
    Heheh, opposite for me: anything less than 85% cocoa starts tasting like I'm eating pure sugar. In fact even though I consider myself a chocoholic, there's a bar of 85% dark Lindt in the pantry that I can't bring myself to finish. I'll chip away at it from time to time when I'm desperate, grabbing a square when I'm all out of the 90% stuff. But I've probably gone through about 15 of the 90% bars in the time it's taken me to eat 1/2 the 85% bar.

To each his own!
    There is a good range for me, between 72 and 85%. The stuff in the 50% range is way too sweet and for whatever reason there are not many bars in the 60% range so I usually go for the bars in the low 70s and mid 80s.

amzzzy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We can have CHOCOLATE!!!???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast