Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spaghetti squash page

lbt
    lbt is offline Member

spaghetti squash

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I finally got around to making this (with a marinara meat sauce to go on top) (hand still intact) and HOLY COW I didn't realize how filling such a stringy little veggie could be. I googled to make sure I didn't "overeat" and about 7.5-8 oz cooked has about 14g carbs. I feel like it was more like 50g. It was DELICIOUS though, very satisfying, and relatively cheap. Look forward to making this a lot as the weather gets even cooler.

Tara is offline Senior Member
    Eating spaghetti squash with marinara as we speak! SO DELICIOUS! I wish I had meat sauce though! And some quality parm!

Spaghetti squash is my favorite thing in the world, I swear it. I missed spaghetti so much! MMMMM

Mermaid is offline Member
    I have been wondering about this myself. Did it taste "squashy?" I still have nightmares of being made to eat soggy yellow squash as a child. Just can't choke the stuff down.
    Mermaid

lbt
    lbt is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Eating spaghetti squash with marinara as we speak! SO DELICIOUS! I wish I had meat sauce though! And some quality parm!

Spaghetti squash is my favorite thing in the world, I swear it. I missed spaghetti so much! MMMMM
    I'm not even an Italian fan, but I have always loved marinara....since I can't do mac and cheese, this is and has become a huge comfort food for me. Is it available year round?

I'm not sure, I had it for the first time in January, found it at the Metropolitan Market (up in Tacoma) which is sort of like a baby Whole Foods but I'm sure they had it shipped in from somewhere exotic... Just saw it this week at Trader Joes next to the pumpkins and acorn squash.. I'm wondering if it's a Fall thing? I'm going to have to go google this!

Mermaid, it doesn't taste squashy at ALL when you put marinara and parm on it... it's basically just a way to eat yummy sauces with out grains or tons of carbs! Score!

lbt
    lbt is offline Member
    Did it taste "squashy?"
    You're asking the girl who will eat ANYTHING (besides celery), so I am not sure I'm the one you want to be asking. I mean, you know it's not pasta per se, but it still kind of played mind games with you. It's more "el dente" and I have always used whole wheat pasta, so it was pretty much the same for me.

Okay, just checked, it's peak is from early Fall through Winter.... Makes sense that I had it in January!

lbt
    lbt is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Okay, just checked, it's peak is from early Fall through Winter.... Makes sense that I had it in January!
    Means we need to stock up now!

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    All squashes are in season right now throughout the winter. You can get them fairly cheap at any local stand or your grocery store. My favorite is acorn squash or butternut squash cooked with a slab of butter in it and drizzled with honey!! I have a big ole spaghetti squash sitting on my counter which will be dinner one night this week.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    It's only squashy if you over-cook it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast