Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page

Hilary is online now Senior Member

Those weird little bonuses

Primal Fuel
    You know how it goes... you start PB because you want to lose weight/ gain weight/ get healthy - and after a while, you suddenly notice some weird little thing that's changed. Nothing you'd thought of changing, something you just thought was 'normal' or 'normal ageing' and part of life, until it suddenly isn't.

Like for instance...

• no more spots on my back
    • no more dandruff in my eyebrows
    • no more hurriedly putting down big saucepans when dishing up because of wrist pain
    • no more bellyache

Any more?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed yesterday....the backs of my hands look at least 10 years younger. I was beginning to get granny-hands, but now they're young again. Amazing!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Now that you mention it...I used to get a terrible pain in my right wrist. I always chalked it up to having slept wrong. My right hand would pretty much be useless (not good when trying to put down food bowls for 18 dogs and having to hold a big stack of bowls in one arm and open crate doors/set bowls down with the other). Anyhoo...The last time my wrist started hurting was when I fell off the primal wagon for a bit.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

That's how it goes, isn't it? It's a 'come to think of it'/ 'now you mention it' thing. You don't notice the absence of some regular ache/pain/minor nuisance; then you suddenly think of it and start trying to remember when you last experienced it. Ditto for intermittent pain under the ribcage, which I suppose might have been gallbladder.

(By the way - my Grannie's final dog was an ex-racing greyhound called Meg. The gentlest, softest, least demanding dog I ever met, and perfect company for Grannie in her late 90s.)

rozska is offline Senior Member
    --No more weird jaw pain.
    --No more tooth sensitivity to hot/cold.
    --And now that you mention it, the backs of my hands do look younger.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    - I dream now. And my dreams are vivid and interesting.
    - My knees no longer creak and crack when I get up from a squat.
    - When I get up from squatting for a longer period of time, I'm no longer light headed or dizzy.
    - No more headaches.
    - Air of smug superiority when I'm behind people buying a hundred dollars worth of grain and gluten products (j/k?)

jcard is offline Member
    No more heat/exercise induced hives. This is huge for me because I've suffered with hives for 15 years. Living in Florida, the hives really limited what I could do during the summer. It was so miserable and people would look at me like I was about to drop dead at any moment. When I cut out grain, the hives went away. I still get red faced but no hives.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    Air of smug superiority when I'm behind people buying a hundred dollars worth of grain and gluten products (j/k?)
    *grin*
    i notice what people have in their carts now, i also notice how unhealthy they look, skinwise. pallor, dark eye circles. adults and kids :/

- i feel better overall
    - i'm digesting food much more easily
    - i really like chicken skin and fatty parts on meat so that's a perk i love
    - that bumpy skin condition thing i've always had on my arms seems to be easing up

and now that i think of it, after reading all of your replies, my knees aren't popping when i squat, my teeth aren't sensitive. wow, yay

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Just thought of another couple
    --I actually EAT the vegetables I buy. And I eat them happily. I used to throw an embarrassing quantity of veggies away, because they're just not that appealing after a day of grains and sugar. So they'd go bad. Just remembered this when I opened the veggie drawer expecting to have some celery and peppers, but they're all gone!
    --When I feel the need for some comfort food (eg. stressful meeting on Friday) I *can* comfort myself with food (eg. lamb riblets braised in broth and balsamic with onions and celery...that's where the celery went!)
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

I'll eat fruit or veg when I'm hungry and it does the trick. BPB (if that isn't in the acronyms list, it ought to be) the only thing that could fill me up was starch - usually a big bowl of healthy wholewheat muesli .

And ditto on the bumpy skin thing - not gone, but much reduced. It's called keratosis pilaris, apparently, and associated with vitamin A deficiency.

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast