Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 6

Grizz is offline Banned
    There is no longer any question about it. 9 weeks into Primal, and I can see major improvements in my Prostate function.

Good, strong complete urination, no longer starting & stopping, no multiple trips to the bathroom every night, AND powerful ejaculations again. I'm not sure what I was eating or drinking for this transformation. Maybe it was the Vitamin D, maybe coconut milk, maybe no more grains. I just don't know exactly what did this, but this is certainly better than going to see a urologist & prostate drugs like FloMax. YAY !

Here is what has changed over the past 2 or 3 weeks:
    1) Started taking Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU ( 2-gelltabs ) each morning.
    2) Started drinking 6 ozs coconut milk, with 3 tablespoons shredded coconut added
    3) Started taking apple vinegar, 1-tbsp in salad daily
    4) Started eating 1 avocado for lunch each day

So which did the trick? Or was it all because of no grains & sugars? It looks like all of the above directly affect the prostate in Google Searches.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-15-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    I have the wonky prostate thing going on too, Grizz. I've noticed a definite decrease in how often I have to get up to piss in the middle of the night (sometimes I can make it through the whole night, something that was absolutely impossible before) after only about a month on PB, but I'm still dealing with those annoying, incomplete, stop and go urinations as well as occasional aches and pains "below the equator".

Random question. I'm 18, is it weird to have prostate issues this young? I've been dealing with this for a year or so now. I know it's stupid to put off a doctor visit so long for something like this, but god I hate doctors (and the entire medical system, at that). Here's hoping PB can iron this out!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    My unexpected benefits:

- I lost a lot of midsection fat (can see outline of abs now)

- My hair became blonder

- Acne almost completely gone

- Changed my entire perspective on life, the universe and everything. No longer interested in working in the office or even having a 9 to 5 job.

- Havenít really been sick since I started (in April)

- I think my skin looks healthier.

- Need less sleep

- I am a morning person sometimes.

- Sex drive can sometimes be very high

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I virtually never fart anymore.
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I have actually mentioned it to a couple of patients just in an off-hand way, you know... "i was reading an interesting book the other day called "Good calories, Bad Calories...." or "Some interesting studies have been done about the insulin response to carbohydrates..."

Theorectically, I am not supposed to issue dietary advice to my patients at all, if I feel they have issues, I am supposed to refer them to the dietetics department, where of course they will receive all the CW about low-fat, wholgrains, etc... I find it very frustrating working within this industry sometimes, you should see what they serve a patient who has a 'special' diabetic diet ordered! It's all potatoes and white bread and no-fat. It drives me insane!
    How about you get the topic of conversation around to your own diet and then off handedly mention how great it is and see if you can get them to ask you for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    NourishedEm & Katydid,

Sorry, but the American Diabetes Assn promotes the SAME High Carb Low Fat food Pyramid promoted by the FDA. So, too does the Diabetes doctors. Will you be willing to do at least a telephone interview if I can get the attention of FOX News or Michael Moore?

I'm looking for professional whistle blowers willing to expose the TRUTH.

Best to all,
    Grizz
    Michael Moore is a hack. I don't see him doing supporting an unfashionable movement such as paleo. He likes to go with whatever outrage is fashionable at the moment and will appeal to a wide fanbase. There is nothing risky or groundbreaking about anything he does.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
    I have the wonky prostate thing going on too, Grizz. I've noticed a definite decrease in how often I have to get up to piss in the middle of the night (sometimes I can make it through the whole night, something that was absolutely impossible before) after only about a month on PB, but I'm still dealing with those annoying, incomplete, stop and go urinations as well as occasional aches and pains "below the equator".

Random question. I'm 18, is it weird to have prostate issues this young? I've been dealing with this for a year or so now. I know it's stupid to put off a doctor visit so long for something like this, but god I hate doctors (and the entire medical system, at that). Here's hoping PB can iron this out!
    Jones,
    I suggest duplicating my diet changes for the last 2 weeks. I'm not sure which, or maybe all are responsible for my miraculous prostate recovery. I did a google search on all of them, and every item in my list have a positive affect on the prostate. I started a new thread for the prostate here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...light=prostate

If you go to the urologist, I suggest tracking your PSA levels to see if your diet can provide improvement. The evidence is clear that diet has a BIG impact on the prostate. Lets keep this new thread updated with our prostate progress.

There is one additional prostate thread here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...light=prostate

Best to your prostate health,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat
    Michael Moore is a hack. I don't see him doing supporting an unfashionable movement such as paleo. He likes to go with whatever outrage is fashionable at the moment and will appeal to a wide fan base. There is nothing risky or groundbreaking about anything he does.
    Yes, he is a hack. However I think he will be keenly interested in how doctors & the ADA are promoting sickness to enrich themselves. He would definitely be interested in a conspiracy to keep doctors waiting rooms & hospital beds filled. Michael Moore is interested in flashpoint movies and this subject of a national obesity/diabetes epidemic being caused by food guidelines designed to keep people FAT and SICK are right up his alley. Lets face it: WHY ELSE WOULD DIABETES DOCTORS FORCE A HIGH CARB DIET ON THEIR PATIENTS? These are NOT stupid people. The MUST know that high carbs = high blood sugar. Right or wrong? We need whistle blowers to go after this conspiracy.

Best to all,
    Grizz

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    - I dream now. And my dreams are vivid and interesting.
    - My knees no longer creak and crack when I get up from a squat.
    - When I get up from squatting for a longer period of time, I'm no longer light headed or dizzy.
    - No more headaches.
    - Air of smug superiority when I'm behind people buying a hundred dollars worth of grain and gluten products (j/k?)
    I too have noticed my dreams being more vivid and "different", to say the least. Not bad...just more memorable and interesting.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    -Watching the midsection turn from flab to ab (wow that even sounded corny in my head)
    -My insane, borderline pregnant woman, food cravings have almost completely gone away
    -My binging has come under a lot more control
    -I found vegetables are up on the top of my favorite food lists (after bacon and eggs of course)
    -My dreams are becoming more vivid and interesting as well
    -My prey drive has increased

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    I am nodding my head at every post. I had noticed that my hair was getting lighter and thought that most bizarre. I mean ... it's dead! It's already out of my head! I read Bushrat's entry and decided that maybe it was not my imagination after all. The various bone issues (pain, creaking) are all but gone. In spite of the drop of fiber consumption, my GI track is better: rarely get reflux anymore; gas and bloating gone. My face and skin are less oily and appearance of all skin hugely improved.

It hurts me to see my dad struggle with his diabetes. Last month's heart attack has scared him into compliance. =O I am hoping that he reads the links I've sent and he sees the science to support the evidence. I mean, even if he was not strictly adhering to CW, he sure was not anywhere near primal. If you keep doing the same thing, you're going to keep getting the same thing. *sigh*

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that Debbie

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you, Adventure.

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast