Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 57

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Emofedom View Post
    For 8 years I have suffered with back pain. 30 days without dairy and grains... I've reduced my pain by 70%!! It's amazing!!!!

Emily
    "Adapt and Overcome"
    You too

Me : half a lifetime of back pain - dropped processed foods, sugar and wheat ( still ate clean dairy).
    10 days later no back pain - now nearly a year of no back pain with out any meds.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    You too

Me : half a lifetime of back pain - dropped processed foods, sugar and wheat ( still ate clean dairy).
    10 days later no back pain - now nearly a year of no back pain with out any meds.
    Awesome!!! I'm glad someone else is experiencing the same unbelievable benefit from a change in diet. It kind of helps me. I told my family and I know they want to believe me but its hard when conventional medicine says either medicate it or operate on it. It crazy that it could be just this simple!!

I may be ok when dairy but I felt so desperate to be rid of some pain I went completely extreme. I knew the wheat needed to go for my tummy issues and may increasing weight gain but then I started reading how grains and even dairies increased inflammation... That was it for me! I said bye bye to it all.

Right now I am currently off of
    Veg Oil and like products
    Dairy and dairy products
    Starches
    Processed foods
    Sugars
    All grains
    Legumes

You say you are still eat clean dairy though? I would love some cheese. Did you get off it and then go back and try it for a while to see if the pains would return. I'm curious.

Emily
    "Adapt and Overcome"

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emofedom View Post
    Awesome!!! I'm glad someone else is experiencing the same unbelievable benefit from a change in diet. It kind of helps me. I told my family and I know they want to believe me but its hard when conventional medicine says either medicate it or operate on it. It crazy that it could be just this simple!!
    Yes at first I tried to convince a couple of people of the fixed back - but now I don't bother.
    The way I look at it : I was the one that felt the pain, I'm the one the feels good now - I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

So I don't "hijack this thread" then PM me if you want details - I'm happy to respond

Bad Wolf is offline Junior Member
    My first post!

I've been eating Primal for about 2 months now. I'm not perfect, I do have days where I slip up, but I no longer get stressed out about food the way I used to. If I eat something off plan now, I just go back to eating well the next meal or the next day, and it's fine. I'm significantly less anxious in general - tossed my Klonipin - no more panic attacks!

I'm seeing a ton of benefits, although I've only lost 4 pounds so far. My stomach is *much* flatter. I'm always in a good mood now, even first thing in the morning. My chronic insomnia is GONE. I sleep like a rock! My skin is clearing up, I have tons of energy all the time, I am much more confident. I almost never have heartburn or acid reflux anymore - and just a few years ago I had bleeding ulcers and was on medication! I haven't had a migraine since I started. And my blood sugar is level all the time now, no more crashes.

But the best change is that I now have hardly any back pain. I have severe scoliosis and have had chronic pain since I was about 12. I see a chiropractor once a week, which helps, but I still always have that low-level chronic pain. Since going Primal, I've gotten myself a pair of VFFs, and when I wear them, I have NO pain. NONE. It's such an odd sensation for me! Even when I don't wear the VFS, I rarely have pain now. I'm also not as creaky as I used to be. I feel great!

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Started Primal to see if the grain-free thing would really help my osteoarthritis of the knees...not only is it markedly reduced, but the sciatica issues I was having are GONE. Also, l facial rosacea improved, and I noticed just now.....my elbows are smooth!!! They were hard and scaly before! And, as someone posted earlier, I virtually don't fart any more! Digestive issues much improved. Can't say my sleep was any better, it comes and goes, but I have recently started supplementing with gelatin, and that has helped my sleep tremendously! Go figure! I think it is the amino acid glycine.....all that being said, I really struggle at times (like tonight) with binging on ice cream and candy......I do it way too often, and I am STILL seeing benefits from the Primal Blueprint, which I am guessing is more like 70/30 for me......I think it works!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

wrice05 is online now Junior Member
    I'm one month primal and among the other benefits--super easy diet soda detox! I know many primal folks have really been through hell trying to quit diet soda. The times I've tried to do it before, I've been right there with them--headaches, irritability, raging appetite, generally feeling like a crackhead on hour thirty-seven in the county jail's drunk tank.

But this time, I didn't even really mean to quit or try that hard to quit, it just happened. And it was so easy! One day I realized I'd only had two diet sodas--and bear in mind I am legendary for mainlining it. I get Christmas and birthday gifts of 24-packs. I easily was drinking six or seven cans per day.

So like I said, one day I realized I'd only had 2. The next day I tried drinking only one. I'm drinking 1-2 cups of black tea per day and I'm going strong a week later, no headaches, no fatigue, no crazy appetite. I'm firmly convinced that my body is so happy from the good, fatty nutrition I'm getting that it has had no problem saying goodbye to my former drug of choice. Praise Mark and all the Primal Archangels! May all Groks be blessed by an easy farewell to diet soda!

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Prolly for the whole month of December I had gotten stuck in a rut as far as my physical therapy on my torn rotator cuff tendon is concerned. I should have been a little further along in my progress but was stuck and the PT could not figure out why. I also was beginning to have some random pain near the injury that couldn't be explained and it was forcing me to keep taking meds to alleviate the soreness. Since I went back to strict paleo not only has the phantom pain gone but I suddenly broke through that barrier in physical therapy! The only thing that changed during this time was a 100% elimination of grains/sugar from my diet.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    This is a weird one that I'd forgotten about until a friend mentioned that she doesn't shake anymore. She used to have almost panic attacks with shaking and thought that magnesium supps may have helped her. I realized that I have stopped " shuddering". I have always done this. When I was a kid I used to joke that my grave must be a cross walk somewhere as people would say " someone must have walked on my grave" when they shuddered. Plus all the "shudder to think" jokes. Makes me wonder what other neuro effects a SAD has.....

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    People tell me I look taller. Witch at 5foot 5 is a bonus. And healthwise I noticed I am not feeling cold all the time. Totally unexpected but nice.
    Last edited by paleodutch; 02-03-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Memy is offline Junior Member
    My mood and focus is much better. Not that I was a grumpy person, but I would get the hangry's a lot. Now my focus is off of food and onto whatever task is at hand. And you're right, the backs of my hands are fuller and softer.

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast