Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 53

Megatron is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    My nails could now be weapons. Downside, it takes forever to file them!

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    General resiliencey!
    Today was rainy and wet, so as I was coming in the door carrying a large bag of cat food on my shoulder I slipped on the tiled entry way and fell down hard on my butt...however, I simply (swore loudly ;-)) and got right back up. As I was walking into the kitchen my foot started hurting, so I checked it and found that I scraped it on the door. Just a scratch, not even bleeding so I washed it in the bathtub, but the fact that a minor scratch was the most painful part of taking a pretty hard spill was amazing.
    Last edited by s-piper; 03-17-2013 at 04:40 PM.

yaddle is offline Junior Member
    Have read the entire thread... its awesome and I am hoping to benefit from many of the changes that have been mentioned!

Only 6 weeks in here... already lost 12lbs (22lbs total but 12lbs since grain/sugar free)

Noticed an increase in energy, easy to get up in the mornings now.

No longer essential that I get breakfast before I go out... quite often can easily go to lunch time without feeling weak/lightheaded.

Actually want to go out walking etc... and have been trying to find longer ways to get places just to walk more. lol

Tiredness during the day has pretty much gone (hypothyroid so tiredness was a big issue before)

Sex drive has went up greatly lately... which would be great if I wasn't single. lol.

More positive outlook on things, not sure if this is specifically due to the change in diet or if its because I have just finally found something that is allowing me to lose excess weight.

My left knee used to click... no longer seems to.

Lack of nausea - I used to feel sick quite often, I used to carry polo mints and water around with me everywhere because they helped make the feeling go away. Haven't felt this is a good while now.

Both my daughters have been ill in the last few weeks... I didn't get it.

Pretty sure there are many other little things that I just haven't noticed yet too

So glad I found this site/way of eating... it really has given me hope for my future.

jaczor is offline Member
    For me, the biggest bonus has been fitting into my old clothes, I had tons of stuff that I hadn't worn for years but that I didn't throw away because I really liked them. After a couple of months primal, I fit into most of them, pants that I hadn't worn in 6 years or so. It's the best feeling in the world when you try something on not expecting it to fit but then it does!.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Even though I fell off the exercise wagon, cheated way too much and am only now coming back to PB I always kept up my intake of saturated fats during that time. I credit them - coupled with me quitting the ciggies - for the fact that I NEVER get a cold. I have not had a cold for at least two years. So pleased. Especially as everyone at work is CONSTANTLY ill. My CW-healthy workmate is constantly ill - I mean looks like death when he gets colds. But I have NEVER caught it off him. I credit coconut oil cos I think I must eat it almost daily.

troutbum is offline Junior Member
    +1,

knock on wood, but I rarely get sick anymore and I haven't had a serious sinus cold since starting PB. I used to get knock down, drag out sinus colds 2-3x a year but not any more. I think that the elimination of processed/refined carbs played a huge part...

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    Wow! I hope the backs of my hands look younger! Fat is nature's Botox. I lost 145 pounds and at 47 your skin isn't going to bounce back much. So any skin improvements are appreciated!

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Aside from going primal which I've just done, I started a general good quality powdered vitamin supplement last year just because I thought it was time at age 47.

Seasonal allergy symptoms, GONE. Had been bad and getting worse every year.
    Symptoms indicative of benign prostate enlargement, GONE. Once my MD ruled out cancer he had no answers for me.
    And my skin just has a healthy glow. Not something I noticed but was noted by friends.

I don't know what I was deficient in but clearly it was something.
    I hope my severe allergies clear up!

thebluesdude is offline Junior Member
    Hi!

I have been following a Primal/IF schedule (18/6) for about 2 months now. I workout fasted and lift heavy. The obvious benefits have been fat loss and muscle gain so far. I have a lot more energy and I'm sleeping better as well. I would estimate that I am about 80% primal.

One of the major health related issues I have is psoriasis. I am currently taking a very nasty drug called Soriatane for this and it works very well. The drug costs about $1200 a month (Ridiculous...), however I have been getting it free from the drug company through a program since I'm without health insurance at the moment. I am nearing the end of the program and I'm actually excited to see if my new lifestyle has any positive effects. I'm really hoping that it will...I love having clear skin but I hate being dependent on the harsh drugs.

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by troutbum View Post
    +1,

knock on wood, but I rarely get sick anymore and I haven't had a serious sinus cold since starting PB. I used to get knock down, drag out sinus colds 2-3x a year but not any more. I think that the elimination of processed/refined carbs played a huge part...

Exact same for me. I never really had any kind of serious susceptibility for getting sick, but I would have bad allergies especially this time of year. I went this entire flu season without as much as a runny nose.

I can only assume that avoiding grains and sugar helped my body function properly... and shoveling down huge amounts of green stuff, saturated fat, and an occasional post-workout fruit certainly hasn't hurt.

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast