Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 50

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Any tme I start working out now, my muscles grow by leaps and bounds instead of barely at all. I used to make a regular habit of chin-ups and push-ups, but there was not too much progress back then. I was obese, bloated and malnourished, etc. Now that I'm starting from relatively lean (18% body fat +/-) with proper nutrtion, it's easier progress. And I can take a week or two off and not lose much strength, if any at all.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

CelticDog is offline Junior Member
    I've only been eating Paleo for 5 days, But I went cold turkey, The only bad stuff I've ate has been a Chocolate bar and a bit of Cake today for my step sisters birthday. Otherwise I've only ate Veg,Chicken,Bacon,Eggs,Beef and Banana's for the whole time and I've only Drank Water and Sugerless Tea.

I used to be a muncher, I was always hungry no matter what I ate or how much I ate, Because if I went so many hours without food my blood sugers dropped rapidly and I'd pass out, However since I started this Diet and It's only been 5 days I've barely been hungry at all, I've not had that fainting problem once, On my second day my last meal was at 5:40 pm. I didn't eat till after the gym at 12.30 pm the next day. That was -unheard- of before.

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    The key benefit for me is the great improvement I experience in my mood, energy levels and sleeping. Nevertheless, I've noticed a lot of other things and, to my delight, I keep discovering new ones.

* My teeth feel clean for a lot longer (whereas previously I'd get the "gritty" feel even if I brushed twice a day), gums don't bleed when I brush, and no cavities. I looked into it and apparently the paleo style of eating is quite anticariogenic.

* My hair has gotten a lot thicker since I stopped with the fat avoiding nonsense.

* Alleviated digestion/stomach/skin issues.

* I seldom get a cold anymore (even though I used to get 4-8 bad ones each year) and have less infections of all kinds.

Certain kinds of food now taste so gross (either too bland or way too sweet) that I don't even want to eat them anymore, and I'm not even a month in.

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    Oh yeah! I know exactly what you mean about certain foods tasting gross. I am new to this site but not so new to primal eating. I am to the point that the mere thought of eating certain foods is just gross. On the rare occasion that I have a bite of something that is not Primal and particularly if it is packaged it is a big disappointment and often, if I can, I spit it out.

The whole "added sulfites" to wine is why I make my own. I know exactly what is going in to it and where the fruit came from. Wild blackberries (my land) and Starfruit (neighbors tree). I also have hard cider instead of a beer if that is what I am wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Roary View Post
    Couldn't have put it better. In fact, I didn't even realize I did that until I read this! But I am proud of my kill!
    Just awesome!

All of these post are so great. As I said on the introduce yourself page I have been primal longer thanI I known there was a word for it. I have also been fighting an uphill battle on my own until the past year. Now I know for certain I am not doing this alone!
    I will try to be concise.
    Since going primal I NO longer have:
    asthma, migraines, neck pain, nasal congestion, acid reflux, heartburn, dark circles under my eyes, tooth pain, tooth fuzz, heart palpitations, deep tissue pain, weather joint pain, cold hands or feet, hayfever, bloating after meals, stress rashes, hot flashes, night sweats,
    I do have:
    great looking skin, faster growing hair and nails, strong hair and nails, better sleep, soft skin (I am 50 and going through the "change"), more energy than ever in my life, focus, better balance, whiter teeth and FULLER lips! I really did not see that one coming!
    Many of these things I had not even realized until I was reading the post here. So uplifting to see all the "good news" and even more uplifting to realize I have been experiencing many of the same things.
    There was one thing that I thought was funny but so true: The slow moving zoombies! Oh my goodness. I have noticed that so much lately! I am so grateful that along with everything else I have acquired a greater amount of patience and serenity! It is needed when I get stuck amongest the sloths.

Colloid is offline Junior Member
    My skin anomalies are resolving!!!
    Acne - reduced 90%
    Skin tags - shrinking and falling off
    Bumps on back - (my doctor had a long name for them) shrinking and falling off
    Warts - shrinking rapidly

Previously speaking with my doctor, he said all of the tags, bumps, and warts could be removed by a dermatologist if I really wanted, but they would never go away on their own.

My wife remarked, "When I touch the backs of your hands, they no longer feel like the backs of toads". Now that is the stuff!!!

Colloid
    Primal six months (the rest of the bonuses are great too!)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I didn't know skin tags could go away on their own! Awesome!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast