Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 5

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Congratulations on getting off that acid-reducing drug, NourishedEm. Those are nasty.
    Thanks Hilary, another thing not mentioned in the article is an increased incidence of upper respiratory tract infections, because bacteria don't get killed by the stomach acid, they can migrate to the trachea and into the lungs... Nasty alright!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Can I count on you to tell your story to FOX or to Michael?
    I doubt either one of them would want to travel all the way to Australia just to interview little ol' me! Any nurse or dietician anywhere can tell you the same information, look up your own government sponsered diabetes education. It's all there.

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    NourishedEm, I hear you on how frustrating that is. I have less than 6 months until I'm done school and can officially call myself a nurse, but it drives me CRAZY sitting through classes on diabetes or dealing with diabetic patients because there is so much misinformation! Sitting through a CW nutrition class. Ugh.

Grizz is offline Banned
    The wife & I expected weight loss and got it in spades. Both of us broke through 35 year plateaus.

Totally unexpected results so far [8 weeks into our Primal/Paleo diet]
    1) DRAMATIC improvements in Wife's blood pressure & heart rate. For the first time in 40 years, her BP is normal & her HR is super normal.
    2) No more pains in her right knee

My own unexpected results.
    1) I have just finished with my annual cold in RECORD TIME of only 1 week. A cold for me is devastating because it always goes into my chest, and I suffer for many weeks. This year for the first time, it broke & started clearing up in days instead of weeks.
    2) My resting heart rate had been high for decades. As in 95 to 105. I thought that was normal for me. Now my resting HR is down to 80 to 85, and it gets down there rapidly.

All good stuff.

Best to all,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I doubt either one of them would want to travel all the way to Australia just to interview little ol' me! Any nurse or dietician anywhere can tell you the same information, look up your own government sponsored diabetes education. It's all there.
    NourishedEm & Katydid,

Sorry, but the American Diabetes Assn promotes the SAME High Carb Low Fat food Pyramid promoted by the FDA. So, too does the Diabetes doctors. Will you be willing to do at least a telephone interview if I can get the attention of FOX News or Michael Moore?

I'm looking for professional whistle blowers willing to expose the TRUTH.

Best to all,
    Grizz

schwingding is offline Member
    Most major thing - no migraines. Weird little bonus (maybe not so little), all of those pills I used to eat from my medicine cabinet - they're staying in that medicine cabinet. Honestly - how friggin' crazy - I can't recall the last time I needed ibuprofen, excedrin migraine, benadryl, or a sleep aid. I used to call ibuprofen the "athlete's' best friend"

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Nice!

Oh... come to think of it .... I don't even know what to call this, but for five years or so I've had what looks like a bruise on one ankle - a cluster of broken blood vessels under the skin, that fades when pressed but doesn't hurt. Friends grin at me wryly and say you get those as you age. Hrmph. Anyway, it hasn't disappeared, but it's definitely fading. Give it another few months and I think it'll be gone.

By the way, it's actually really encouraging how many medical professionals there are here. May you all crown your careers by writing new standard text books and sitting (or stomping, if you prefer) on government committees.

labeak is offline Junior Member
    I think my BPH issues are getting better, too. I've been on PB about 2 weeks.

Maurabela is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Oh... come to think of it .... I don't even know what to call this, but for five years or so I've had what looks like a bruise on one ankle - a cluster of broken blood vessels under the skin, that fades when pressed but doesn't hurt. Friends grin at me wryly and say you get those as you age. Hrmph. Anyway, it hasn't disappeared, but it's definitely fading. Give it another few months and I think it'll be gone...
    Yay!! This gives me hope because I have those same little cluster of broken blood vessels/veins that I've always chalked up to aging. I would LOVE for them to disappear...

AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm only 3 weeks in but I have noticed that my elbow has gotten smooth too. I only had one (the one I lean on while working) that was icky. I haven't done anything to it though except change eating.

IBS symptoms are mostly gone. I hardly ever fart anymore. In fact, that is how I can tell if something I eat when out had any hidden flour or sugar. If it makes me fart -it did.

My hair is getting really oily. I have to wash it daily now. I'm not ready to try the poo-less thing yet. However, it is so soft and shiny and styles much easier.

I hope I get some of the otehr benefits that you guys have!

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast