Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 47

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jett Airliner View Post
    I only wash my hair when I cut it every couple months. I completely forget that other people wash it every day.
    I have long, fine hair that I no longer cut. Even I don't have to wash it very often. In between shampoos I'll just rub some baking soda into my scalp, rinse then do a vinegar rinse and I'm good to go and don't get it wet again for about 3 days. I think the longest I've gone now between shampoos is 2 weeks.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Six years ago, my mother was in hospital, on a ward on a higher floor. My husband would insist on using the stairs, not the lift, when we visited, and I would drag my aching bones up behind him, slowly and resentfully.

Last week, my mother-in-law was in hospital, in a ward on the second floor. I was happy to have the opportunity to run up the stairs to visit her.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    When I tried to give blood last month (and was denied for low iron - topic for another time), they took my blood pressure and it was 100/70. Pre-primal it was usually 120/80.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    I think the circles under my eyes are diminishing. Is that possible after only a week being Primal??

amdws1234 is offline Member
    Well I have the first cold in 5 years so that's not a bonus...

but I have the scaly upper arm skin that is gone. I had one dry elbow that is gone. Acne is improved significantly, energy up, weight lost.

HeatherNicole is offline Junior Member
    I am about 2 months primal here, and here are some things that I've noticed:

No more fighting hives almost every day unless I eat something that I shouldn't be eating, like the dark chocolate I ate on Sunday that said "may contain gluten." Who puts gluten in chocolate? I didn't notice the gluten part on the label until after I broke out in hives.

A lot of new hair growth! I can not believe the amount I have to be careful how I part my hair, or else there are hundreds of little hairs sticking up all over the place.

Primal food just tastes better. I dream about creamy organic eggs and grass fed beef.

I'm happier then I have been in a long time, but that could be due to my broken toe finally being healed and I can actually start working out again after 2 months of not being able to.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    I just finished reading all 47 frickin pages of this thread. I have been eating/living primal on and off at about 75% for about 4 months. I have never truely commmitted to it 100% until now. I am looking forward to experiencing some of the positive "side effects" I read.

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed the other day that I haven't had an allergy attack yet this spring...usually by now, the juniper pollen has me scratching my eyes out and screaming for my Claritin. Haven't had a single symptom yet! Time will tell if this is just a fluke or not, but it would sure be nice to not have to spend the money on allergy drugs!
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sid
    Sid is offline Junior Member
    My Dimples of Venus are back. Woo hoooo!

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    I saw the dimples in my back for the first time this morning and thought, "Woah, I have them, too!? Cute!"

Things I've noticed after 5 weeks primal:
    -9 lbs. lost (from 170 to 161)
    -cold doesn't bother me as much
    -keratosis pilaras is about 2/3 better
    -waist is small and killer hour glass figure has emerged
    -my face looks young again (I'm 30)
    -my yellowish toenails are turning pink (healthy)
    -i can really taste my food, now
    -checkup at dentist. no plaque could be found/no cavities (and this was after not going to the dentist in 5 years!)
    -energy is through the roof
    -sex drive is up
    -i'm stronger every time i work out
    -no more ringing ears
    -so excited to go shopping for food and clothes, now!
    -i feel really sad for the people i see looking so sick with extra weight, pale skin, circles under eyes, etc. it especially bothers me when i see children looking this way. i want to tell them and their parents about MDA and make them better!

My husband's progress:
    -lost a few lbs.
    -getting really strong and gaining muscles he's never had
    -more energy
    -sex drive is out of control (i thought it was high before)!
    -more optimistic about all aspects of life

My 2-1/2 year old's progress:
    -GAINED 1-1/2 lbs.
    -GREW 1"

Our family is hooked! Thank you, Mark!!! And thank you to all the members of this forum for so much support and guidance!

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast