Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 44

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I was primal for 6 months but my KP only got worse. I realized that I had plenty of Vit A n my diet, but when cutting wheat and sugar, I increased my dairy-intake. 10 days I ago I cut dairy, and guess what? The KP is finally drying up. I think it will be fully one within the month!
    Fascinating. I wonder if it bugs him enough to try eliminating food groups for a while to find out... Thanks for the feedback!
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

SteveO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    +1

i have lost body fat, lost weight in general. but i am taking the cold weather much better. people around me are wrapped up and i leave for work in the morning in just a white shirt and trousers.
    Not me. I'm wearing a jacket a lot more than the last few years. Apparently, I was better-insulated before. LOL

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    I find myself wanting to jog or sprint to my car as well! We have to park on the street and it's just a quick half-block, but sometimes I'm bursting with energy .

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Not having to unbutton my pants after a huge, delicious, and satisfying meal. I went for a walk and felt energetic!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Drinking your morning coffee black, with a spoonful of coconut oil, and a touch of cinnamon, at eight in the morning. And then not being truly hungy again until four.

FAT HAPPINESS.
    (plus its like coconut oil lip balm when you drink it!!)

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Not having to unbutton my pants after a huge, delicious, and satisfying meal. I went for a walk and felt energetic!
    I know! I went out for dinner for my sister's birthday the other day and she ordered pasta. I ate a larger volume of food by far, (she only ate half the pasta dish) but complained of being overstuffed and uncomfortable for a good while after the meal. She's actually the one who suggested paleo to me, so she knows better, but can't seem to put it into practice.

The other day, I was down spot-scrubbing the floor along the edges and in the corners. In a squat position. After first moving things out of the way to clear the floor. I had no soreness afterwards.

I can do full pushups without any assistance from my knees. They're not exactly pretty, but still, it's something I couldn't do a year ago.
    In search of the elusive, unassisted, dead-hang pullup! | my journal

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Not me. I'm wearing a jacket a lot more than the last few years. Apparently, I was better-insulated before. LOL
    Don't carbs burn hotter, or something? I can get cold in the house if I'm too low carb.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Don't carbs burn hotter, or something? I can get cold in the house if I'm too low carb.
    uhm? joke right?

The small calorie or gram calorie approximates the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 C. This is about 4.2 joules.

doesnt matter what you burn, it isnt going to create more than 4.2 joules
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    uhm? joke right?

The small calorie or gram calorie approximates the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 C. This is about 4.2 joules.

doesnt matter what you burn, it isnt going to create more than 4.2 joules
    Doesn't this assume that your body is processing calories from fat and calories from carbs in more or less the same manner, and extracting all the available energy from both?

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea if what I said earlier is correct or not, but what you said seems to be rather like "calories in, calories out". Isn't it possible that the difference in the way your body processes the two types of fuel could include a difference in heat? It won't create more than 4.2 joules, but they both could create less and still have a difference.

Maybe my perception of temperature is different since I spent a year on a subtropical island, but I feel like my hands are more consistently cold than they used to be. Maybe I spend too much time sitting around. Maybe I've lost insulation along with those forty pounds.

The more I think about it, though, I'm probably just aware of it more because people here mention that being fixed for them, and it isn't for me. I can remember sitting at my old job with cold hands, like I did today.

In summary, I'm probably full of crap, but I'm not convinced you are necessarily correct either.

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast