Issabeau and Rocco-
I've been noticing the same things... especially in the grocery store, but also in the non-food retail stores. The "bonus" for me is the feeding of my internal 'Smug Bug' -- that little feeling I've got inside that I know better and I am doing something about it!
When I was SAD I knew that I should be eating better, I knew I should be exercising, I knew that I was grossly overweight and always tired -- but like all the other USDA propaganda fed zombies, I didn't give a hoot.
Now I care... not only for myself, but have more patience with my kids, with traffic, with people in general ----- until I encounter those like Issabeau spoke of who REALLY don't give a crap about (apparently) anything... including themselves! I've been there, so I understand -- I sometimes have to restrain myself from wanting to shake these total strangers awake by 'preaching' about all they're doing to ruin the only life they have.
Started 7/5/11 at 274 lbs
Now 214 -- that's 60 lbs!
Goal 160 lbs -- last time there was in junior high!
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." (Margaret Thatcher)
I think my skin is looking younger, the lines around my eyes seem less. I look healthier and radiant, people are shocked when they see me (I had breast cancer so I think people expect me to look like hell). We went away a week ago and ate lots of crap food and I complained my teeth felt furry the whole time. My nails are stronger and I am stronger. I have no pimples and no pms symptoms.
I have a cyst on the inside of my leg and before PB it had become the size of a golf ball and had to be lanced etc, the cyst is getting smaller and smaller instead of growing. My scars are fading quicker than they have previously, one under my arm has almost completely vanished as have my caesarian scars, the cancer scar is still nasty but smaller.
My skin just randomly got crazy soft! WINNING
I noticed the calluses on my feet/heels are completely gone!
wow awesome thread! So inspiring! I've been Primal about 6 weeks now and I have noticed:
- I no longer eat myself sick. I used to say "I feel sick" after every meal (my DH would actually tease me about it!). The other day I said to him, how long since you heard me say I feel sick after eating? He couldnt remember, and neither can I!
- No more insomnia. I am sleeping through the night and I feel GREAT in the mornings. I have never been a morning person, used to hit snooze about 10 times every morning and get up an hour after the alarm had gone off. Was late for work pretty much every day! Now I wake up before my alarm goes off and I am up and raring to go! Sometimes I even get up extra early to do housework before I leave for the day!
- I am never hungry. I ate breakfast at 7:30am this morning (eggs and ground beef and vegies) it is now after 1.30pm and I have a delicious chicken salad sitting in the fridge but I cant eat it because I am not hungry yet! This is a new and novel thing for me. I used to have to eat every 3 hours or I'd get very cranky!
- My tastes have really changed. I have absolutely no desire to eat anything I shouldn't. When there are cakes, lollies, chocolates, pizza whatever around I genuinely do not feel like eating it. I used to LOVE pasta and rice and bread and thought it would be really hard to give it up, but it just isnt.
- My skin, hair and nails all look great, and OMG I just realised when reading this thread I have baby smooth elbows!
And finally, something really BIG that I did not expect to get from this lifestyle change (and so damn quickly!)
- I am really happy all the time!
I have been on anti-depressants for the last 3 years (and was depressed just not diagnosed for a looong time before that). This was something I had resigned myself to as part of my genetics (all my siblings have it too and I have lost one to suicide) and something that would maybe need to be medically treated for my whole life. About 2 weeks into the PB I forgot to take my meds one day. Usually when this happens I have a couple of bad days of anxiety and depression before my meds get me back on track again, but this time there was no reaction after missing a dose. About a week later it happened again. So I thought I'd just not take them for a while and see what happens (p.s. If you are on anti-depressants dont do this without speaking to your doc first, you should actually ween yourself off them slowly). Anyway I have been off them completely now for about 2 weeks and I feel really good! I feel BETTER than I did when I was on them (actually happy as opposed to just neutral and zombie like). I find myself enjoying the drive into work and singing in the car and sometimes I even feel like skipping Im so freaking happy and for no specific reason, just being! I have never felt like this before and although it is only early days yet I am sooo grateful for the PB for this, even if I never lost any weight or experienced any of the other weird little bonus's this alone would make it worth it.
Devil in the Milk – Part 1 | Underground Wellness
There are parts 1,2,and 3. Well worth the watching. Explains the difference between A1 and A2 milk proteins. This may explain why my goat milk doesn't stuff up my sinuses.
Me toooooo! I wish I could skip everywhere...sometimes I even feel like skipping
I also have really bad depression and suicidal tendencies, and it's gone, gone, GONE. I was never on meds because I couldn't afford therapy.
Every day, no matter how bad a day, I always have a reason to smile: simply thinking about this diet brings a goofy/dreamy smile to my face. I've been Primal since May and I still do it. I get asked what I'm smiling about, then I realize I'm doing it again :-)