Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 43

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post
    Wait, what? My partner has that -- I was told that it was a genetic condition that could be managed but not eradicated.

So if I feed him more Vitamin A it might help his skin? It always seems so annoying, considering that it causes everything from the bumps and itchiness to dandruff, ingrown hair and earwax buildup.

Edit: I just did some Googling and found a post on a keratosis pilaris forum basically saying that cutting back on a bunch of foods like WHEAT and DAIRY and most processed foods completely cured this one girl's really bad case of KP. Sounds primal to me! The bf loves it that I'm cooking more meat now -- apparently all I gotta do is wean him off of the sugar and grains, haha.
    I was primal for 6 months but my KP only got worse. I realized that I had plenty of Vit A n my diet, but when cutting wheat and sugar, I increased my dairy-intake. 10 days I ago I cut dairy, and guess what? The KP is finally drying up. I think it will be fully one within the month!

huckie is offline Member
    I think my skin is looking younger, the lines around my eyes seem less. I look healthier and radiant, people are shocked when they see me (I had breast cancer so I think people expect me to look like hell). We went away a week ago and ate lots of crap food and I complained my teeth felt furry the whole time. My nails are stronger and I am stronger. I have no pimples and no pms symptoms.
    I have a cyst on the inside of my leg and before PB it had become the size of a golf ball and had to be lanced etc, the cyst is getting smaller and smaller instead of growing. My scars are fading quicker than they have previously, one under my arm has almost completely vanished as have my caesarian scars, the cancer scar is still nasty but smaller.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    My skin just randomly got crazy soft! WINNING

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    You walk with a purpose to the register and end up happily standing in line with a smile on your face because you know you did good on your hunting trip and you're proud of your 'kill'.
    Couldn't have put it better. In fact, I didn't even realize I did that until I read this! But I am proud of my kill!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I noticed the calluses on my feet/heels are completely gone!

KOKORO is offline Junior Member
    wow awesome thread! So inspiring! I've been Primal about 6 weeks now and I have noticed:

- I no longer eat myself sick. I used to say "I feel sick" after every meal (my DH would actually tease me about it!). The other day I said to him, how long since you heard me say I feel sick after eating? He couldnt remember, and neither can I!
    - No more insomnia. I am sleeping through the night and I feel GREAT in the mornings. I have never been a morning person, used to hit snooze about 10 times every morning and get up an hour after the alarm had gone off. Was late for work pretty much every day! Now I wake up before my alarm goes off and I am up and raring to go! Sometimes I even get up extra early to do housework before I leave for the day!
    - I am never hungry. I ate breakfast at 7:30am this morning (eggs and ground beef and vegies) it is now after 1.30pm and I have a delicious chicken salad sitting in the fridge but I cant eat it because I am not hungry yet! This is a new and novel thing for me. I used to have to eat every 3 hours or I'd get very cranky!
    - My tastes have really changed. I have absolutely no desire to eat anything I shouldn't. When there are cakes, lollies, chocolates, pizza whatever around I genuinely do not feel like eating it. I used to LOVE pasta and rice and bread and thought it would be really hard to give it up, but it just isnt.
    - My skin, hair and nails all look great, and OMG I just realised when reading this thread I have baby smooth elbows!

And finally, something really BIG that I did not expect to get from this lifestyle change (and so damn quickly!)
    - I am really happy all the time!

I have been on anti-depressants for the last 3 years (and was depressed just not diagnosed for a looong time before that). This was something I had resigned myself to as part of my genetics (all my siblings have it too and I have lost one to suicide) and something that would maybe need to be medically treated for my whole life. About 2 weeks into the PB I forgot to take my meds one day. Usually when this happens I have a couple of bad days of anxiety and depression before my meds get me back on track again, but this time there was no reaction after missing a dose. About a week later it happened again. So I thought I'd just not take them for a while and see what happens (p.s. If you are on anti-depressants dont do this without speaking to your doc first, you should actually ween yourself off them slowly). Anyway I have been off them completely now for about 2 weeks and I feel really good! I feel BETTER than I did when I was on them (actually happy as opposed to just neutral and zombie like). I find myself enjoying the drive into work and singing in the car and sometimes I even feel like skipping Im so freaking happy and for no specific reason, just being! I have never felt like this before and although it is only early days yet I am sooo grateful for the PB for this, even if I never lost any weight or experienced any of the other weird little bonus's this alone would make it worth it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I was primal for 6 months but my KP only got worse. I realized that I had plenty of Vit A n my diet, but when cutting wheat and sugar, I increased my dairy-intake. 10 days I ago I cut dairy, and guess what? The KP is finally drying up. I think it will be fully one within the month!
    Hey Glam, you sexy thing. Have you seen this : Devil in the Milk – Part 1 | Underground Wellness

There are parts 1,2,and 3. Well worth the watching. Explains the difference between A1 and A2 milk proteins. This may explain why my goat milk doesn't stuff up my sinuses.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    sometimes I even feel like skipping
    Me toooooo! I wish I could skip everywhere...
    I also have really bad depression and suicidal tendencies, and it's gone, gone, GONE. I was never on meds because I couldn't afford therapy.

Every day, no matter how bad a day, I always have a reason to smile: simply thinking about this diet brings a goofy/dreamy smile to my face. I've been Primal since May and I still do it. I get asked what I'm smiling about, then I realize I'm doing it again :-)

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    One thing I have definitely noticed is that I am absolutely fine in the cold. I look around and see people shivering and hunched and huddled(I live in UK), and I'm happy as anything. My hands know that there is a biting wind on them, yet they are still warm- everyone comments on my warm hands. My body also feels really warm, all the time, whether i'm outside or not.
    +1

i have lost body fat, lost weight in general. but i am taking the cold weather much better. people around me are wrapped up and i leave for work in the morning in just a white shirt and trousers.
    Few but ripe.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who skips. The security guard at my work must think I'm nuts because the last three weeks I've been so happy and energetic that when I leave the building I either skip or run or some weird combination of both all the way to my car. And I run up the stairs. And I whistle alot. I love this woe.

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast