Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 4

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Injury recovery - yes! That's amazing, especially for a diabetic who is supposed to be sloooooooow to heal. Three to four days, tops.

Add in: No more arthritis, migraines, IBS, minimization of asthma, normalized blood sugars... weight loss goes almost without saying...

Yeah, happy with this.
    As a nurse, I look after lots of diabetic people who are suffering the effects of a lifetime of poor blood sugar control, probably due to the fact that their doctors are still telling them to eat a low-fat diet high in wholegrains!! Amputations, necrotic ulcers, blindness, hypertension and stroke. It's really really sad for me to know that these symptoms are preventable with a different approach to eating, but the message is just not readily available for people who don't do their own research.

So anyway, well done you for getting your blood sugars under control, it is an investment in your health that you will never ever regret

As for me, my major improvement is no more acid reflux. I have a family history of eosophageal cancer due to acid reflux damage, I lost my Dad at 54 and my Uncle just last month at the same age. I have always had reflux too and was put on medication to cut down the amount of acid I produce and told by my doctor to eat very low-fat. Well guess what?? That didn't work! When I cut out grains and sugar and increased the fat in my diet, I also cut the medication and the reflux. Last endoscopy showed zero eosophageal damage

Grizz is offline Banned
    NourishedEm,

What would happen if you told your diabetic patients about the Primal Diet curing many people? Would you get fired? If so, why?

Also come to think of it, Wife blood pressure is back down to normal for the 1st time in 40 years ! She is also fitting back into clothes she hasn't been able to wear in 40 years.

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-12-2010 at 01:10 AM.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I have actually mentioned it to a couple of patients just in an off-hand way, you know... "i was reading an interesting book the other day called "Good calories, Bad Calories...." or "Some interesting studies have been done about the insulin response to carbohydrates..."

Theorectically, I am not supposed to issue dietary advice to my patients at all, if I feel they have issues, I am supposed to refer them to the dietetics department, where of course they will receive all the CW about low-fat, wholgrains, etc... I find it very frustrating working within this industry sometimes, you should see what they serve a patient who has a 'special' diabetic diet ordered! It's all potatoes and white bread and no-fat. It drives me insane!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Have you questioned the dietitian in charge? Why in the HELL do they feed diabetics ultra high carb foods? I'm sure they must know this is totally WRONG! They can't possibly be that stupid. Under whose orders are the dietitians marching? The ADA? Will they lose their license by telling patients the truth? I think we should get a FOX News investigative team, or Michael Moore involved in this horrible conspiracy. This SICKO GAME must be exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by message_to_Michael_Moore
    Conspiracy to keep Diabetics sick to sell drugs, keep doctors revenues flowing. The American Diabetes Association is dictating that people suffering diabetes eat a high carb, low fat diet, which is designed to keep them sicko. Diabetics should be eating a low carb diet. Anyone caught recommending a proper diet loses their license. This should be exposed in a movie.
    Grizz
    Message sent to Michael here: http://www.michaelmoore.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by TO_FOX_NEWS
    This is HOT HOT HOT.

The American Diabetes Association is in a conspiracy to keep diabetes patients sick, and to keep drug sales high, and to keep doctors waiting rooms filled. I know, I know, this is too outrageous to believe, but I have all the facts to prove it. It is all true.

Contact me if you are interested in this story. I want to see these weasels exposed nationwide.
    newsmanager@foxnews.com
    Can I count on you to tell your story to FOX or to Michael?

One of my friends is suffering Diabetes, and his doctor is telling him the samo samo CW Bullsh*t, too. However, he knows to eat low carb foods.

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-12-2010 at 05:52 AM.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Well this has DEFINITELY turned into a weird little bonus ;P

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on getting off that acid-reducing drug, NourishedEm. Those are nasty.

I love all these posts saying, 'now you mention it' and 'come to think of it'

amandatea is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I virtually never fart anymore.
    Yeah, that one, I noticed pretty early on.

I also don't have that bumpy skin thing anymore.

My joints - especially my shoulders - used to pop and crack all the time but they haven't done that in quite a while.

My teeth feel cleaner and less sensitive.

My feet and ankles are no longer swollen/puffy.

My skin looks much younger and softer and more nicely coloured.

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandatea View Post
    Yeah, that one, I noticed pretty early on.

I also don't have that bumpy skin thing anymore.

My joints - especially my shoulders - used to pop and crack all the time but they haven't done that in quite a while.

My teeth feel cleaner and less sensitive.

My feet and ankles are no longer swollen/puffy.

My skin looks much younger and softer and more nicely coloured.
    On your upper arms or something?

If so it's called keratosis pilaris and I've had it too for the last 8 years. Doctors will tell you there's no known cause or treatment but I've always suspected it was diet related. What do you know 5 weeks into PB and mine is disappearing.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin A deficiency, according to various online sources. Mine's greatly reduced but not gone - more liver for me .

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I never noticed that smooth elbow thing until I read upstream on this thread that some people's elbows are getting smooth. Mine are too...this really shocks me. What does it even mean?

Also, I hit my high school weight day before yesterday; that was a long, long time ago...kind of scared me. Went out and ate a banana.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast