Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 39

JVib is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Update:
    • I've had less acne (face and body)
    • My joints don't ache any more; even after sprints and heavy lifting (I've injured my right knee and right shoulder in my teens and they used to get very sore after workouts)
    • I definitely have more energy, better outlook on life, and greater mental focus. I’ve had a depression problem since puberty and it has gone away in the last few months.
    • I've noticed that some of my "fears" have disappeared - Recently I jumped off a bridge (into water from about 20-25 ft - right in front of a sign which stated "NO DIVING OR JUMPING - ANYTIME"), I did Karaoke for the first time without hesitation, along with a few other crazy things I won't mention. This probably has a lot to do with the extra energy, better mood and better overall brain function. I just don’t seem to “worry” as much.
    • My confidence level is much higher
    • I am spending far less money on supplements
    • I really think I have less gray hair (I will keep watching this…I hope it’s not just my imagination)
    • My sleep has vastly improved (fall asleep quicker; deeper sleep; much better quality)
    • I appreciate the taste of food more than ever.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    my hair is soooo soft.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JVib View Post
    Recently I jumped off a bridge (into water from about 20-25 ft - right in front of a sign which stated "NO DIVING OR JUMPING - ANYTIME")
    Please don't do this. I've seen far too many people with spinal cord injuries from diving in shallow water. It's a life altering injury that even primal eating won't fix. There are plenty of ways to face fears and not worry that don't put your life and/or heath at major risk. dive into deep water.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    After a year and a bit, I'm almost completely sure I have more hair - that the thinning patch on the crown of my head isn't so thin. Maybe I should call it the 'thickening patch'.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    After a year and a bit, I'm almost completely sure I have more hair - that the thinning patch on the crown of my head isn't so thin. Maybe I should call it the 'thickening patch'.
    Yay! I remember your posts about this, and I have a similar problem, so it's great to hear that the hair is getting thicker!!

MetalBeth is offline Member
    Here's kind of a weird one: For years I would have a lot of mucus production after eating. I would have to cough and clear my throat for 30-45 minutes after a typical grain-filled meal. Just realized that it hasn't happened for months now. It sounds minor but it was not fun to go through 2x a day.

Other than that, I also have 99% less gas, thicker hair and very fast growing nails. No more menstrual migraines, which tells me my hormone profile has improved. And I don't look seven months pregnant by the end of the day from bloating.
    2011 - The year I went Primal
    Start weight: 198 / Waist: 32"
    CW: 158.5 / Waist: 28"
    GW: 145-ish
    Supplements: Calcium and O-3 in AM. Natural Calm, Valerian Root Extract and sublingual Melatonin in PM (for lifelong chronic insomnia).

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonablaze View Post
    Please don't do this. I've seen far too many people with spinal cord injuries from diving in shallow water. It's a life altering injury that even primal eating won't fix. There are plenty of ways to face fears and not worry that don't put your life and/or heath at major risk. dive into deep water.
    Can't you see that he's trying to win a darwin award? Let him be.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBeth View Post
    Other than that, I also have 99% less gas, thicker hair and very fast growing nails. No more menstrual migraines, which tells me my hormone profile has improved. And I don't look seven months pregnant by the end of the day from bloating.
    I've been having migraines recently and I'm currently menstruating. I know mine are tied to allergies/sinus headaches too, but I wonder if some of it is from going off BC pills and my hormones getting under order again. Good to know they won't last forever!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MetalBeth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've been having migraines recently and I'm currently menstruating. I know mine are tied to allergies/sinus headaches too, but I wonder if some of it is from going off BC pills and my hormones getting under order again. Good to know they won't last forever!
    If it helps, my migraines got much worse when I tried to quit BC pills. Two GYNs have told me that the migraines are related to the estrogen crash at the start of the monthly cycle. Mine were on the left side of my head, which is apparently fairly common in migraines of that type.
    2011 - The year I went Primal
    Start weight: 198 / Waist: 32"
    CW: 158.5 / Waist: 28"
    GW: 145-ish
    Supplements: Calcium and O-3 in AM. Natural Calm, Valerian Root Extract and sublingual Melatonin in PM (for lifelong chronic insomnia).

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Keeping carbs low helps reduce the risk of me getting a migraine. I get a few now, but as long as I don't up my carbs above 100g or so, I am usually migraine free
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast