Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 38

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Also, i've had pitted nails for years, and they're finally growing out looking somewhat normal (less little gravelly pits anyway)
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I tried on the shirt I was wearing the night I met my wife........17 years ago.
    IT FREAKING FIT! Hells Yeah!
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I have less trouble focusing than ever before in my life.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    What a wonderful thread. Had to check my elbows after reading some of the posts, and yes...they are smooth for the first time in many years. Who'd a thunk it?

Nails are also much healthier looking. Another thing I haven't seen anyone mention: both of my big toenails, which were becoming seriously ingrown, have started straightening out. What a relief not to be experiencing that pain any more. Anyone else experience this? It might have more to do with "barefoot" type shoes than diet, or maybe it's both?

Those are the weird little things. The big things include more energy, much better focus, disappearance of seasonal allergies, and far better moods. Libido is through the roof also, but that can't really be considered a bonus until I have a girlfriend. lol
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    My stretch-marks are fading thanks to Vit K2 and coconut oil in my diet, I'm generally feeling really happy, and my sleep is out of this world restful and deep.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    My stretch-marks are fading thanks to Vit K2 and coconut oil in my diet, I'm generally feeling really happy, and my sleep is out of this world restful and deep.
    Holy crap! my stretch marks are almost completely gone, and I didn't even think about it until just now!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Come to think of it, my elbows are smoother now and I can't remember the last canker sore I had.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much the same, but worth mentioning:

-I've become sharper in class, so I don't need to study that hard since I retain everything more easily.
    -No more bloating and much better sleep
    - I had a consistent pain on my knees, which I thought it was my fault for not warming up before dance class, but ha! Gone like the wind.
    - Stronger nails, and glossy hair, or so I've been told
    - I can actually feel satiated after eating, which is huge and a big blessing. The anxiety from feeling bloated/stuffed but still craving was a real nightmare.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    Holy crap! my stretch marks are almost completely gone, and I didn't even think about it until just now!
    OMG how awesome! How long have you been primal for? I've only done it for 2 months, hoping they'll be gone within a couple of years? Dr K reckons cellulite goes in 3-5 years if yous tick to eating clean!

mammlouk is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One of the first things that my wife who has always been very slender noticed was that her stretch marks from our three little blessings faded from being light red/pink. She commented that she had friends whose stretch marks were still red and it had been years. I think the extra healthy fat supply really makes a huge contribution to your body being able to adequately heal itself. I have seen a similar result with my overweight stretch marks, although they are far from gone. I also saw decreased redness in a scar on my leg from a car accident 3 years ago.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast