Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 3

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    I have noticed much better muscle recovery... even when I used to work out all the time, the moment I did a move I wasn't used to I had muscle soreness for a week. Now I have muscle soreness for about a day and I'm ready to go.

Same with injury recovery... pulled a groin muscle a few weeks back and it only took about 3 days to heal.
    I actually went on this diet in hopes of it helping with asthma and sinus problems specifically, not to mention hopes for general health improvement. I do feel better all in all, and have not needed asthma or sinus meds in weeks, except occasionally, which is kind of stunning.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    I just completed my 2nd month, and it just dawned on me that I no longer have pain from Plantar Faciatis. I used to wake up and limp for 15 minutes until the tendons stretched out. Same thing with getting up after watching a movie, pain and limp for several minutes. That is ALL gone!

I do still have some wrist pain but that does seem to be going away too.

My hands still look grannytized though

Grokmeister is offline Junior Member
    I thought it was odd and that I may have been alone or imagining things, so I never posted anything about it, but I, too, have come to notice a drastic change in my skin as well. I used to have a ruddy, sort of bumpy complexion on my face, especially on my forehead, which has virtually disappeared after about 4 weeks on the program. I also, since puberty (28 yrs ago), have had a condition on my thighs and on my triceps area where the pores were reddish and scaly. I've seen it on other people and thought it was just a normal thing; never asked a doctor about it and it never really caused me any discomfort. It is greatly reduced, no longer scaly but smooth, and is well on it's way to disappearing.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I'm going to go with lack of elbow-scabby skin. My elbows are baby smooth.

i always thought that was normal as well.
    when i read your post i realized i havent had that appear on my elbow since pre PB
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

hilm3 is offline Member
    I don't snore any more! At all. I don't get up with a raw, painful, swollen throat because of it. I can take naps without embarassment in planes and trains - not that I need naps anymore!

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rozska View Post
    --No more tooth sensitivity to hot/cold.
    Wow...now that you mention it, me too. I wonder what would be the reason for that?
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    That's how it goes, isn't it? It's a 'come to think of it'/ 'now you mention it' thing. You don't notice the absence of some regular ache/pain/minor nuisance; then you suddenly think of it and start trying to remember when you last experienced it. Ditto for intermittent pain under the ribcage, which I suppose might have been gallbladder.

(By the way - my Grannie's final dog was an ex-racing greyhound called Meg. The gentlest, softest, least demanding dog I ever met, and perfect company for Grannie in her late 90s.)
    Yep...reading through this thread has given me a lot of "wow, yeah, me too!" moments!

Greyhounds rock for people of all ages
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

jennf is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed that my teeth no longer feel scuzzy at the end of the day. On my way home from work today my teeth still felt slick, like I just brushed them, even though I've eaten two meals since brushing them this morning. Also, I haven't had a cavity in over a year, where I used to have at least one at every six-month cleaning.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Aside from going primal which I've just done, I started a general good quality powdered vitamin supplement last year just because I thought it was time at age 47.

Seasonal allergy symptoms, GONE. Had been bad and getting worse every year.
    Symptoms indicative of benign prostate enlargement, GONE. Once my MD ruled out cancer he had no answers for me.
    And my skin just has a healthy glow. Not something I noticed but was noted by friends.

I don't know what I was deficient in but clearly it was something.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    woah, never noticed that about my elbows until just now.
    biggest bonus for me has been the improvement in my stomach issues/ibs, but the lack of redness in my face (I was told I had early stage rosacia, now my face is clear) and the disappearance of the pain in my wrist have been awesome too.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast