Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 12

christi@japan is offline Junior Member
    week 2 and I have the longest strongest finger nails EVER. DH is complaining how oftenhe is cutting his. He is a veterinarian and his nails were poking the gloves!
    I haven't passed gas in days.

QUESTION: I havent seen any mention of female cycles, but I will go re-read. Anyone have less symptoms?
    Mom of 4 awesome kids, wife to one great husband; all on our way to living PRIMAL.My Mantra: I am not a Number:weight, clothing size,etc. I am in it for the HEALTH!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christi@japan View Post
    QUESTION: I havent seen any mention of female cycles, but I will go re-read. Anyone have less symptoms?
    Not just less symptoms, but just less! Only lasts 2 days and nary a twinge to be felt from the lower abdomen. I used to be quite a crampy wee thing

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I've also noticed a reduction in my acanthosis nigricans. It's pretty much gone from in between my breasts, almost gone in the armpits, and *much* lighter in the neck. I'm hoping that it will *completely* go away in the neck as I lose more weight. I've also noticed skin tags getting smaller and disappearing.

As for menstrual cycles - mine may still be regulating itself, but I recently had a period that lasted A WEEK and not even a week later, I'm spotting again!

redtoycar is offline Member
    I'm also loving the no-gas thing.

This is the first year that I did not dig into the Halloween candy before Oct 31, and despite the leftovers sitting on my dining room table ever since, right out in the open, I haven't touched it since! Just those few pieces on Halloween were more than enough for me. This is a huge deal. I am a total, undeniable sugar addict and I am completely shocked at how I don't dig around for sweets and pastries any more.

Here's my thread asking how PB has changed our cycles.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty surprised at the candy thing too. I didn't even have a taste of chocolate or sugar this Halloween. Hell, there's a big bowl of little chocolate bars sitting on the counter beside me at work with a Please Help Yourself sign under it... and I'm pretty easily ignoring it. It's even about 50% Wunderbars, which are my favourite goddamned chocolate bar in the world.

It's crazy how you can basically just "change" your tastes after a while.

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    It's crazy how you can basically just "change" your tastes after a while.
    Ain't that the truth? I went tricksytreats with my nephew, it was the first year he could walk far & get lots of loot, & when we came back I sat on the floor with him and helped him sort them out (so nostalgic!). He kept trying to offer me candy, which is sweet since he's 5. But nope, just not into it anymore. And I've been a complete sugar addict all my life.

I feel bad on these boards when I read how some people still struggle with sugar, because I never thought I could do it, but then it just sorta happened by itself, and so easily, and I wish I kept better track of what I did back then so I could help more.

Now oranges taste like tang.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bUMbLeB View Post
    Now oranges taste like tang.
    Glad I ain't the only one.
    Discovered a new one today. I can actually TASTE when I get sick. My husband has sworn up, down, and sideways that he couldsmell it on my breath when I was sick, I figured it was just one of those couple's intuition things. Now I taste the smell he was referring to. It's kind of a snotty, coppery, thick flavor. That was kinda creepy when I realized that's what it was.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    the taste changes are the hardest thing for others to believe, you (I) always sound like a freak when describing it. I was a meeting today with "lunch" provided, turned out to be awesome local NY pizza. I honestly didn't really even think about wanting a slice, even with the smell overpowering the room. If I'd really wanted one, I would have had one, you know. I'm not even trying to lose weight anymore. For a couple of my colleagues, they thought it odd that I didn't have any, and tried to make a whole "deal" out of it. I just said I had another meeting and took off. They were bugging me to take some pizza with me, etc. Weird innit.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    For a couple of my colleagues, they thought it odd that I didn't have any, and tried to make a whole "deal" out of it. I just said I had another meeting and took off. They were bugging me to take some pizza with me, etc. Weird innit.
    I'm finding this with friends and workmates too. It seems that when people are making bad decisions and they know it, they just feel better if everyone else is doing it too. Someone standing strong and refusing to join in seems to make them feel bad about what they're doing and so they try to get you to give in too rather than examine whether they should be changing something.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thread revival!

I'm forgetting to brush my teeth before leaving the house.

I JUST DON'T DO THAT. But something's going on with my mouth, it's less funky. Morning breath is super down and there's hardly any icky stuff on my teeth to remind me to brush before I head out the door. This is just very strange for me, because I've never not brushed my teeth regularly (I even took my avatar picture while dry brushing my teeth).

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast