Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 11

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    +1 on the taste. When I first started, I thought all the people who thought sweets taste too sweet was deluding themselves. Now I've found that it's true. I think it's because I'm so filled up on real food. I can actually take a bite of a candy bar and throw out the other half.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Agreeing with stuff tastes sweeter. Barely hitting week two and it seems like my taste buds are resetting or something.

Also noticed that the dark skin (prediabetic since I was 12) on the back of my neck/between the boobies is getting softer and lighter. Which is freaking incredible. My mom use to scrub my neck raw when I was kid, trying to get it to go away. Can't wait for my keratosis pilaris on my upper arms to vanish - read through this thread and a couple people seem to have that side effect!

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    +n to the many previous examples I've also experienced, but the title says "weird", and so beat this:

My place has a very small bathtub with a reclined back. Every now & then I like a nice bath, but truth is I used to snug up pretty good against the back, to the point where - if I wasn't careful - my backfat would squidge the water out when I sat back, forming a seal and essentially suction-cupping me to the tub! I swear it's true, and once or twice I had a fleeting panic attack that I might not be able to break free, and the firemen would find my corpse there.

I still have to be careful, but now it's just so I don't bruise my spine.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bUMbLeB View Post
    +n to the many previous examples I've also experienced, but the title says "weird", and so beat this:

My place has a very small bathtub with a reclined back. Every now & then I like a nice bath, but truth is I used to snug up pretty good against the back, to the point where - if I wasn't careful - my backfat would squidge the water out when I sat back, forming a seal and essentially suction-cupping me to the tub! I swear it's true, and once or twice I had a fleeting panic attack that I might not be able to break free, and the firemen would find my corpse there.

I still have to be careful, but now it's just so I don't bruise my spine.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

jandge is offline Senior Member
    ALSO WEIRD is that I've had major heartburn for the past year (went from taking pepcid one every other night, to taking prescribed prevacid twice daily). Doctors recommended that I stop eating fatty foods. I've had 200g of fat each day the past three days and my heartburn is slowly going away.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    ALSO WEIRD is that I've had major heartburn for the past year (went from taking pepcid one every other night, to taking prescribed prevacid twice daily). Doctors recommended that I stop eating fatty foods. I've had 200g of fat each day the past three days and my heartburn is slowly going away.
    Same, I fixed my lifelong acid reflux but doing the exact opposite of what my doc told me to do. High-fat, low-carb got me off PPIs

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I can cross my legs easily now. Not being able to do so before was something that made me feel monstruously big.

croí is offline Senior Member
    My ears have totally stopped ringing!
    I read somewhere that this is from all of the caffeine consumed. As soon as I put down the pop, the ringing in my ears went away too! Amazing!

I've noticed that my sense of smell has increased! I'm starting to smell ingredients that I never noticed before.
    Last edited by croí; 11-09-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    Agreeing with stuff tastes sweeter. Barely hitting week two and it seems like my taste buds are resetting or something.

Also noticed that the dark skin (prediabetic since I was 12) on the back of my neck/between the boobies is getting softer and lighter. Which is freaking incredible. My mom use to scrub my neck raw when I was kid, trying to get it to go away. Can't wait for my keratosis pilaris on my upper arms to vanish - read through this thread and a couple people seem to have that side effect!
    I have a couple of those dark skin patches around my underarms and they've significantly improved for me as well! I've always had shitty skin so I never thought much of them, but after doing some research, they're apparently a huge indicator of insulin resistance and thyroid issues. Not good... glad to see that they're going away.

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Also noticed that the dark skin (prediabetic since I was 12) on the back of my neck/between the boobies is getting softer and lighter.
    That hyperpigmentation you describe is a marker of (and caused by) insulin resistance. The condition is known as Acanthosis Nigricans. It will improve as your insulin resistance improves.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast