Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Those weird little bonuses page 10

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I have long suspected that I might have something along the lines of Asperger's syndrome. Very poor social skills, lack of empathy, unable to look at anyone's face without wanting to scream and run away. But able to function reasonably well in society. I just took an online test, which I answered the way I would have most of my life. The score was 31, which is in the range of borderline autism.

But . . . I now feel fairly comfortable looking at people's faces. Sometimes I even enjoy it. And I feel lots of empathy and am getting much better at interaction. This wasn't a gradual thing like maturing. Mostly it has been since pretty much fully doing Primal.

I can't see any reason for this change except getting plenty of vitamin D and saturated fat. Really, I was already doing the rest of Primal before I heard about it. Just doing other things, like carbs, exercise and rest, a bit better.

Whatever the reason, yay!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Cristiana is offline Junior Member
    Oh yes Hedonist I have to totally agree with you. I also took that test and had the score of 27. For years I thought I was just 'boring' as I was never comfortable in social situations and it was more than just shyness. Since changing my diet I have definately noticed I am calmer and feel more relaxed and confident when joining in conversations. My mind is clearer and I am much less tired. Not bad considering I am 54 today !!

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    I can drink red wine without stuffed-up sinuses and headache for the first time in several years ... and I'm only 3 weeks Primal!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Yes, he is a hack. However I think he will be keenly interested in how doctors & the ADA are promoting sickness to enrich themselves. He would definitely be interested in a conspiracy to keep doctors waiting rooms & hospital beds filled. Michael Moore is interested in flashpoint movies and this subject of a national obesity/diabetes epidemic being caused by food guidelines designed to keep people FAT and SICK are right up his alley. Lets face it: WHY ELSE WOULD DIABETES DOCTORS FORCE A HIGH CARB DIET ON THEIR PATIENTS? These are NOT stupid people. The MUST know that high carbs = high blood sugar. Right or wrong? We need whistle blowers to go after this conspiracy.

Best to all,
    Grizz
    Yup he might be a bit of a hack, but guess what ? With all of the excess weight he is carrying he is probably at high risk for developing diabetis. THEN he'll be interested!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Here is a WEIRD bonus, reported by my favorite Dr. Davis.

Can I see your linea alba ?

He is frequently seeing something he haven't seen in years: the linea alba.
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...inea-alba.html

Best to all,
    Grizz

Grokann is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
    Random question. I'm 18, is it weird to have prostate issues this young? I've been dealing with this for a year or so now. I know it's stupid to put off a doctor visit so long for something like this, but god I hate doctors (and the entire medical system, at that). Here's hoping PB can iron this out!
    I'm not a doctor, but you seem much too young for thos kinds of issues. knowledge is power, I'd get it looked at if I were you, (or recommend it strongly if you were my brother!)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Still waiting on that, but I have definition on the sides of my abs (bottom too, if I suck in!)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Here is a WEIRD bonus, reported by my favorite Dr. Davis.

Can I see your linea alba ?

He is frequently seeing something he haven't seen in years: the linea alba.
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...inea-alba.html

Best to all,
    Grizz
    It is more defined now... can't wait for it to look something like that, with oblique definition like naiadknight mentioned.

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Sauteed carrots last night - they tasted ridiculously sweet to me now - more like sweet potatoes. In fact, I am thinking of doing mashed carrots with butter instead of sweet potatoes for T-giving this year. And I certainly won't need to add brown sugar.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jazmin View Post
    Sauteed carrots last night - they tasted ridiculously sweet to me now - more like sweet potatoes. In fact, I am thinking of doing mashed carrots with butter instead of sweet potatoes for T-giving this year. And I certainly won't need to add brown sugar.
    Yeah. Don't things taste so much stronger?

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast