Thread: Hello from London, Ontario page

katydid317 is offline Senior Member

Hello from London, Ontario

Primal Fuel
    Hello!

I've been lurking for a bit and yesterday finally decided to join, so I should probably introduce myself. I've been on the paleo bandwagon for 7 weeks today. I get the difference between paleo and primal but I don't know which I fall under more. I've been calling it paleo. I've just started reading Robb Wolf's book but mostly I've been going off info from the internet, from here, the paleo solution podcasts and various blogs. I don't pay attention to caloric intake, I just eat when I feel hungry. Loads of meat, veggies and fruit. I know for weight loss you're supposed to limit fruit but I eat grapes and raspberries like they're going out of style and I still have managed to lose weight. I don't consume dairy. I drink a lot of black coffee.

I'm 5'5 and weighed 148 lbs when I started and am down to 134. I've been wondering for years if I'd ever be able to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and thinking it unlikely since for me pre-pregnancy was my teenage weight, but I'm finally close! Pre-pregnancy I was somewhere between 125-130lbs. The only thing I haven't got under control yet is sleep. And exercise. Still no exercise but I'm going to change that soon!
    Last edited by katydid317; 10-10-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Hey Katy,

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new around here myself and am easing my way into the primal lifestyle more and more each week. I'm about the same height as you and I would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to be 134 lbs again. I've just dipped into the 140s (started at 166) and am aiming to lose a few more. If I could manage to reach 140 I'd be really happy, although we're also exercising/lifting more so I can't rely too much on the scale numbers. I go by how my clothes fit and just yesterday I bought myself 3 new pairs of pants because I was tired of the old ones falling off!

If you haven't already, check out the Primal Blueprint Fitness ebook (downloadable for free when you subscribe to Mark's weekly newsletter). There's lots of info in there that will help motivate you to get moving.

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the tip!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi katydid317!

I live about a half hour away from you! I've been primal since the start of September.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy