Thread: Fitday additions page

kcult is offline Senior Member

Fitday additions

Either I'm not really awake yet or I'm daft. I just signed up at Fitday and I'm already having trouble navigating it.

I'm trying to add 4 fried eggs to the profile and when I enter it into the food search, it shows me stuff like McDonald's scrambled eggs and cake mix and other stuff. If I ate 4 fried eggs, how do I enter that.

I'm about to Grok it out in the woods today (gotta move some deers stands and cut some shooting lanes and do a little hiking), but when I get back, I would like to start by entering in the food I ate yesterday.

Thanks,

mizski is offline Senior Member
    On FitDay or any other food tracker it is best to enter it as egg, whole, raw and then add whatever fat used to cook it in. When entering foods, use their individual, whole ingredients to get an accurate listing.

I use FitDay PC and love it.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I would also enter the raw egg and the fat that I used.

However, when I search for "fried egg" in FitDay, "fried egg" is the first entry. I don't know why you're not getting that.

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    fitday is wacky!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    I would also enter the raw egg and the fat that I used.

However, when I search for "fried egg" in FitDay, "fried egg" is the first entry. I don't know why you're not getting that.
    I found it after I toyed around a bit more, but when I went in initially I just typed "4 fried eggs" and it gave me a huge list and I could tell I wasn't doing something just right. It's working better for me now.

Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd include "4" in there. That does keep fried egg from coming up first.

Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd include "4" in there. That does keep fried egg from coming up first.
    Because it was my first time. Be gentle.

Actually, I'm surprised it doesn't just ignore the 4. But as has been alluded to, their search isn't the best. I actually hadn't been in there in a long while, and the bit that put "fried egg" at the top as "most popular results" was new to me.

I used FitDay faithfully when I was losing weight on a conventional diet, but quit even before I started up with primal ideas. It is fun to play with numbers sometimes. You just sent me on a trip down memory lane to my losing days. It was actually good times in a lot of ways.

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    once you get all your foods in there thankfully it saves it to your recent foods list and it's much quicker to add it. i do like the custom foods list too. i use the recipe ingredients thingy on spark people then enter my custom food. pretty handy.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith