Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PB - Weight loss stopped after first days. No weight loss for 2 weeks page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

PB - Weight loss stopped after first days. No weight loss for 2 weeks

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, so after 2 weeks of way below 2000 kcal and probably something like 1000 or less on average, my weight was the same during all that time. My only weight loss was probably some water in the first one-two days. My "normal" weight was always 159 lbs. Then wrong food choices made me into 176 lbs person. Which is overweight. Now I'm afraid my body thinks this weight is perfectly normal and okay :/ Not with my low height. What went wrong?
    In case it matters, my primal journal is in my signature
    I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Keep your calories around 1600-1800, and you will likely be in enough caloric deficit to slowly lose weight, about a pound per week. 1000 calories is pretty low unless you are shorter than 5 feet tall.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    So eat more. 1000 calories, plenty of fat? You're nutrient deficient. Just focus on getting really healthy now and forget instant massive weight loss fantasies. Get your nutrition, inflammation and other health issues under control first. There's the leptin feedback mechanism, the thyroid and some other stuff that needs to get right before real, lasting weight loss can take place. Caloric restriction is just a band-aide and a poor one at though. Even if you get thin starving yourself you'll still be metabolic fat.
    Last edited by Stabby; 10-09-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    I went nearly three months without losing any weight. I'd stick with the program for no other reason than good health. Eventually the weight will drop off.

jhed is offline Junior Member
    So eat more. 1000 calories, plenty of fat? You're nutrient deficient. Just focus on getting really healthy now and forget instant massive weight loss fantasies.
    I'd stick with the program for no other reason than good health. Eventually the weight will drop off.
    QFT

1000 kcal or less? You need to eat more.

Focus on eating primal and don't starve yourself, the weight loss will come

By no means I was starving myself. I was just not hungry for many hours. I wasn't too weak, too. I ate when hungry. And no weight loss. So... basically. My body had to seek energy in fat, right? So why it didnt? I would have to force myself to eat something more OR drink coke or something like that, which is at least tasty. Meat isn't and veggies aren't too. I was eating till satisfied
    Yeah!

No one? So it's the hormones?
    Yeah!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Beg to differ. 1000 calories or less on average for two weeks for a man of your height is starvation. I did an 8 day fast once. That's 0 calories per day and I didn't feel hungry, either. What I suspect your body is doing is slowing its metabolism way down and conserving all the incoming energy it can as fat, which is why you aren't losing. All that vegetable oil you're consuming certainly isn't helping things. Looking at your journal I have to wonder if you've even read the book.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stabby View Post
    so eat more. 1000 calories, plenty of fat? You're nutrient deficient. Just focus on getting really healthy now and forget instant massive weight loss fantasies. Get your nutrition, inflammation and other health issues under control first. There's the leptin feedback mechanism, the thyroid and some other stuff that needs to get right before real, lasting weight loss can take place. Caloric restriction is just a band-aide and a poor one at though. Even if you get thin starving yourself you'll still be metabolic fat.
    this.....this......+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    One thing I learned in my nutrition class that probably was not perpetuated by lobbyists, is that the average adult body needs 1,000 calories daily for non-voluntary functions. When I say average, that's pretty broad ... I don't mean one that weighs 85 pounds, nor do I mean one that weights 400.

Jack up your food intake just a little at a time so you don't feel uncomfortable.

good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast