Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or alcohol just not as tasty now that I have found PB 'religion'... page

Catalyst is offline Member

Is it me, or alcohol just not as tasty now that I have found PB 'religion'...

Primal Fuel
    Check this, the other day I poured a 1/2 full Anchor Steam beer down the drain!
    On another day, did the same with a 1/2 glass (shot) of single malt whisky (the good stuff too!)

Its weird, but since I have gotten 'religious' about leaning out and restricting carbs, these comfort 'foods' just seem so lacking!

Not saying I wont ever drink them again, but it just seems that the 'pleasure' of these is tempered by the knowledge of how I will feel afterward...

meh, saves money.. Especially on the scotch...
    RKC, AFAA PT
    ------------------------------------------------
    “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” -Jim Rohn

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    It's still my 20.

Catalyst is offline Member
    my 20 is chocolate...even the %85+ cacao

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if eating grains and sugar somehow increases the desire for alcohol?

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    I know I have kind of lost my taste for wine, and I used to be a pretty big fan.

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    It's you
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I've certainly moved toward less and less sweet alcohol -- and I was a red wine and whiskey drinker before!

And, I too have been known to pour a shot, taste it, find it too...something, and put in in the freezer for later.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

BethanyK is offline Senior Member
    I've lost some of my desire for hard alcohol and for wine. But I had a pear cider yesterday and it was incredible, like it took me by surprise at how much I enjoyed it versus how in the past I would have just drank it to drink it. Now I'm wondering if I should chill another one for tonight or hoard the rest of the pack until I have a special reason to enjoy it.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I don't care much for alcohol anymore either. An occasional ULTRA light beer or a shot, but most things are just too overbearing now. And I hate the way I feel the next day- puffy and my skin gets tender. My skin would always get tender, almost bruised feeling especially around the kidneys, but now it takes only a couple drinks, instead of several.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It's just you

I've been drinking more and totally enjoying it. If I've drunk more than a glass of wine, I do hydrate with a lot of water and take some magnesium, calcium, potassium and a b complex with some fatty food (ie Fage or brisket) before heading to bed. It's been 100% effective at warding off hangovers.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast