Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Diet Solution/Robb Wolf readers? page

Paleo Diet Solution/Robb Wolf readers?

Hi folks, I fell off of the primal wagon. Big time. I feel like a heel crawling back here after failing so miserably... I'm desperate to lose weight and get in shape.

Which is funny because my desperation came in a flood of eating just total bull shit. Guess I was eating my emotions.

This year has been a bit rough, and I think I'm still munching through a few things.

Has anyone here read the Paleo Diet Solution? Care to offer any thoughts on that vs. PB?

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I bought the book but DH is reading it right now. I will let you know.

I think its great that you are back here! It is a journey you know, it is how you make it a lifestyle. Never beat yourself up for slipping, it happens. As long as you keep trying eventually you will get to where you want to be .

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Very well said, Roberta. If we are to treat it as a journey we can expect twists, turns and potholes in the road. We're emotional and instinctive creatures at the core, no matter how rational we become and we should take that rationality and apply it to making sense of the emotional side. And this means acknowledging that we're not always going to be perfect in our behaviors and we just need to come to terms of it and respond accordingly.

Like yesterday I decided to celebrate my ridiculously low C-reactive protein levels by starting smoking. I honestly wasn't expecting that one. My rationalization was that I needed at least one bad habit. Dumb. right? Now I have to go through quitting smoking. If we look at these as challenges on the road, perhaps hurdles or steep hills instead of looking at them as tripping and falling the experience will be more positive and we will get back on track quicker.

durr stabby. Bad stabby! Get out of that tree and put down that knife. Hrmf.
    Last edited by Stabby; 10-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the support and insight. It's just frustrating... get to trucking along alright and then get derailed. Then you wake up a month later going WTF just happened??

Stabby, I thought of you the other night- I heard something in the back yard and there was a big fat fluffy raccoon rustling around back there, he was gorgeous! And HUGE!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Very well said, Roberta. If we are to treat it as a journey we can expect twists, turns and potholes in the road. We're emotional and instinctive creatures at the core, no matter how rational we become and we should take that rationality and apply it to making sense of the emotional side. And this means acknowledging that we're not always going to be perfect in our behaviors and we just need to come to terms of it and respond accordingly.

Like yesterday I decided to celebrate my ridiculously low C-reactive protein levels by starting smoking. I honestly wasn't expecting that one. My rationalization was that I needed at least one bad habit. Dumb. right? Now I have to go through quitting smoking. If we look at these as challenges on the road, perhaps hurdles or steep hills instead of looking at them as tripping and falling the experience will be more positive and we will get back on track quicker.

First off OP, everyone falls off and in my opinion a lot of times it's a good thing! Sometimes we just need a true reset to progress towards our goals.

And Stabby I'm sure you'll quit easily but just FYI the e-cigarette has helped a lot of people I know. I still fall prey to celebratory nicotine (don't really mind it) but to each his own

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Stabby! You're so healthy! No!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post

quit smoking right now! no, rly, quit. trust me, that's not the bad habit to have. stripping on corners is a better bad habit

canuk_caveman is offline Member
    Just finished the book, it's really good. Personally I thought it was better than PB because it was more technical which would be a negative for some people who don't understand biology. The diet/exercise are very similar but the PS does recommend no dairy where as the PB allows it in moderation.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I recommend the book. I posted on the other thread about this book that it is very informative and scientific in a "let's make this stuff easy" sort of way. I think I said it was like a 'physics for poets' college course---all the information without becoming inundated in scientific jargon. Really gets into the body's chemistry without being 'scarey'. To paraphrase a deodorant commercial, "Good enough for a serious reader, but made for a wanna be bio-chemist".

The exercise plan is lightweight but I think it will work for starters. The thirty day menu and cookbook has great meals, just not my meals. The many references and sources is a boon.

Again, I think it is a great book.

Stabby: Put the cigarettes down! There is only one good kind of smoking. That is when you look into a mirror and wonder where 'you' are. That new look is SMOKIN' .

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes yes, thank you everyone I do not intend to start smoking.

There is an example of why the community can help. Some of us are going to go off track from time to time, sometimes in very weird ways, and it helps if there are others there to kick our asses about it.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast