Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Typical Days Food ? page

mug2k is offline Member

Your Typical Days Food ?

Primal Fuel
    I just wondered what a days amount of food looks like to seasoned professional PB'ers ?. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the 'bible' so I don't know all the ins and outs of the diet/lifestyle just yet. I've stopped eating bread and haven't had any pasta but that's about as far as I've taken it.

Enough about me, what does your typical days worth of food look like ?.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It varies person to person. I'm one of those that sticks with 1-2 meals a day, usually 1 ginormous meal and a snacky dessert type thing later. I only eat the other meal if I get REALLY hungry before my usual main meal.
    2 meal day:
    stir fry or curry or leftovers
    spag w/ zuke noodles (1 zuke, 3 T butter, 1/3 pan of spag sauce with 1 lb Italian sausage cooked into the sauce), burgers (1/2 lb usually), or steak(3/4- 1 lb), all with some form of vegetation on the side (1 c green beans, 2-3 c salad, stir fry veggies, grilled veggies, etc)
    Dessert- berries (1 c, in 5 bajillion different variations), ice cream (rarely and usually the least sugared variety I can find), or some sort of chocolate concoction

You could also look into the journals and get a better grasp of what folks eat than just a thread.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member
    I used to be a "grazer" where i'd eat small meals constantly all day... now my days usually look like this:

Coffee
    2 slices of Ham & 2 organic/free-run eggs & a big sliced tomato (fried in evoo)
    Fruit Smoothie with 2 Tbsp flaxseeds & L-Glutamine powder (low carb fruits)
    Organic/grass fed meat, BAS (big ass salad), then sometimes sweet/regular potato or squash to round off my meal.

Then I usually have another coffee (or two) or a tea (or two) with a tsp. organic raw cane sugar in it. If I get hungry i'll have a fruit of somekind or some sliced veggies.

That's it for me... I find that with eating this much protein it holds me over that a smoothie is all I need for my "lunch".

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Disclaimer - I've tweaked so much you probably can't count me as Primal

For the last few weeks I've had variations on the following:
    Breakfast - 3-4 eggs cooked in a teaspoon-ish of lard
    no lunch (I'm not hungry - if I'm hungry that particular day I will eat)
    Dinner - hearty portion of a pot roast, or crock pot meat. E.g. beef brisket cooked with carrot and onion. Often I have one normal, girly sized plateful, then an hour or so later go back for a second helping.
    I drink tea through the day - maybe 3-4 cups, each with a splash of milk. I'm trying to minimise dairy.

This may not seem a lot; it is low in veggies; and I do take supplements too. I do NOT go hungry though. Some days I'm insatiable, haha
    Weekends are a bit more hit and miss - sometimes it's a cafetiere of coffee until an early dinner - usually a dish that takes more time or attention to prepare - and again would be a big portion!

So however wierd you feel with your new food at first, you're not as odd as me

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing this for long enough that it just feels like second nature to eat this way. I am usually too busy/lazy/tired to bother with anything fancy so breakfast is sometimes leftover meat/veggies or eggs with sausage in coconut oil. Lunch is almost always salad with tuna salad or chicken and/ or avocado and dinner is meat usually cooked in the crockpot with as many sides of veggies as I can whip up without too much hassle. I rotate chili, taco meat (for salad), baked chicken w/ squash, steak and sweet potatoes, broccoli and meat sauce over spinach...corn pasta for the family, pulled chicken or pork in the crockpot..... Those are the favorites. Sometimes I eat fruit or chocolate. I don't eat nuts or much dairy.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    eggs in the morning. Scrambled, fried whatever. usually with salsa or onions/mushrooms. Sometimes bacon. Then a salad for lunch or leftovers. Then grassfed meat for dinner. Maybe some dark chocolate. I basically wing it
    But grass fed meats, salmon, butter, coconut products, vegetables, berries, and dark chocolate make up my diet. In that order.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Breakfast - green smoothie (fruit and a big handful of greens) with whey protein.
    Lunch - either a great big salad with a burger or fish, or I might fry up a mountain of vegetables with my liver/meat/...
    Evening meal - varies! Depends if I have something Primal I can share with the other half fairly easily, like a roast or the big batch of bolognese sauce I made last week. If so, we share that; if not, he has his thing-with-grains and I might have a couple of eggs with the vegetables.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Very big breakfast in the morning, most often eggs and a meat with veggies and a bowl of berries in cream.

Workout at about 11:00 and eat big lunch after, usually leftovers

Snack about 3:00 depending on the day but have been phasing it out.

Big dinner, again, meat and veggies

Used to have a night time snack but when doing well can be quite comfortable on the 3 main meals.

Having said that, I am currently in a mass gain phase and I am eating all day long! It is quite fun but will be ending is a few weeks.

Eat mostly meat, veggies, fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, starch (yam/sweet potato) and dark chocolate with lots of fat, moderate protein and moderate carbohydrates. Certainly not low carb, but from one day to the next I can be low and then average but never around 300g like the average Joe.

I buy about 72 eggs a week to feed mostly myself, but my wife, kids and their babysitter will eat some as well. Beef is grassfed, whole milk, chicken with skin, full fat everything if eating dairy and lots of coconut products, especially oil!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday's food, for me, was as follows:

Breakfast:
    6 eggs and 5 strips bacon
    1/2 Haas avocado
    Coffee with heavy cream and stevia

Lunch:
    Chicken cilantro salad, containing:
    - Chicken breast
    - Avocado
    - Tomato
    - Salad mix
    - Red onions
    - Cilantro ranch dressing

Dinner:
    What I call "chili curry," which contains:
    - Ground beef
    - Yellow onion
    - Canned drained diced tomatoes
    - Canned drained black olives
    - A bit of sour cream and shredded cheese for topping
    - Salsa
    - Mexican spices (chili powder, cumin, black and red peppers, oregano, and salt)

To drink: Coffee, as mentioned before, and lots of iced tea and water

According to dailyplate.com, my ratios were 70% fat, 22% protein, and 7% carbs (rounded off). And I didn't track beforehand. This is a typical day for me.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast:
    2 strips bacon, 1/2 onion, 1/3 tomato, handful of spinach, little bit of red pepper, 2 omega-3 scrambled eggs

Lunch:
    Variable. Sometimes I'm not that hungry, in which case some broth or liver pate. Other times I'm very hungry and eat leftovers

Dinner:
    Variable. Chili, salmon, steak, slow cooker chicken. Usually some selection from broccoli/carrots/spinach

I drink tea and decaf coffee--with grassfed whole milk--all day long
    If I'm hungry after dinner, I sometimes have berries and cream and/or a square of 80+% choc.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast