Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Typical Days Food ? page 2

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Everyday is different for me, but...

Breakfast: Coffee with 1TBSP of Heavy Cream. 2-3 Eggs pan fried in 1 TBSP of Coconut Oil with 8-12 ounces of any meat, usually a fatty cut of meat, like rib pork chops or NY Stripe Steak (also cooked in coconut oil). On the side is 2 plub tomatoes and some sauteed vegetables (okra, onions, etc). If I decide to go with a lean cut of meat, like chicken breast, I dressed it 2-3 TBSP of REAL butter, not the fake ones.

Lunch: Big Ass Salad (I buy the organic baby mixes) with 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive, 1-2 hard boiled eggs, canned of Sardines or Salmon, and a hass avocado.

Dinner. Either I IF (Intermittent Fasting) or have any 8-16 ounces cut of meat (fatty) with steamed broccoli/carrots or carrots/cauliflower or whatever.

Snacks are fruits/nuts.

Enjoy your primal living.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating 1 or 2 large meals a day for a while now.

I usually skip breakfast, because I'm just not that hungry in the morning. Lots of liquid consumption around this time though, mostly water, sometimes coffee or green / rooibos tea if I'm in the mood.

I do fasted exercise at varying degrees of intensity every day, and my first meal always comes afterward. This is usually around lunch time. It's almost always a large salad with either romaine lettuce, baby spinach, or spring mix greens as a base and cucumber, carrots, avocado, red or yellow onion, bell peppers, and diced tomatoes to round it off. I dress it with olive oil and seasonings and throw some sliced up protein in there as well. Usually left-over pan-fried chicken or a bacon and hard-boiled egg combo. Sometimes I'll do a huge seafood and veggie stir-fry instead of the salad. I'll also have a bit of carbs on the side. A small sweet potato if it was a lifting day, a half cup to a cup of mixed berries otherwise.

Dinner is usually a simple plate of steamed veggies and some kind of fish or marinated meat. When I'm not feeling lazy I'll try something a little more adventurous. One thing I love to whip up for dinner is a bangin' spinach omelet stuffed with bacon, italian sausage, and veggies on a bed of cabbage or sauerkraut with some guacamole on the side.

If I'm not feeling satisfied after a meal I'll nibble on something like olives, hard-boiled eggs, coconut, and occasionally 85% dark chocolate until I feel full. And every few weeks I'll buy and dry-roast some almonds for snacking. I have no control when it comes to nuts, so I just buy them sparingly and gorge my face off.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 10-09-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Six eggs and 5 pieces of bacon? You're a beast Griff! ;P

I don't have any strict dietary patterns, but I do eat a considerable amount of potatoes, veggies, and dairy, with some chicken or tuna thrown in. I try to only eat twice a day at max.
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    This was yesterday... pretty much a normal day for me although my carbs were a bit lower than normal.

edit: damn, I eat good

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Weekday (office job plus farm work in evenings and workouts)

Breakfast around 10:00 am -- BAS with greens, misc veggies, canned tuna or wild salmon, 2 HB eggs, and dressing made with Carlson's fish oil.
    Snack in afternoon -- Spoonful of coconut cream concentrate or half an avocado.
    Dinner -- Some kind of fat- & protein-rich meal, such as curry, primal chili, lamb steaks with veggies, pulled pork, bunless burgers, etc. Maybe some berries and/or 99% chocolate, but not often lately.

Weekend (very active on farm, plus workouts)

Breakfast around 8:30 am -- 3 duck eggs fried with onion and hot peppers, bacon, half an avocado or some berries.
    Lunch -- dinner leftovers or a BAS.
    Dinner -- same as weekday.

Typically 60% fat, 25-30% protein, 10-15% carb.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 10-09-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    What I ate yesterday:
    Breakfast:
    12 shrimp, sauteed with 3 strips of bacon
    a raspberry coconut cream smoothie (about 1 cup of frozen raspberries and a 1/2 can of coconut cream)
    2 large cups black coffee

No lunch

Dinner (it was thanksgiving, so I got dessert!):
    Turkey I don't know how much exactly but it was kind of a lot
    Squash & Turnip probably all together I ate about 2 cups of these veggies
    large serving of broccoli
    Paleo brownies (ingredients: almond butter, sunflower seed butter, eggs and cocoa powder) topped with a few raspberries.

I skip breakfast or lunch pretty regularly, I tend to do better with 2 meals a day. I also tend to eat pretty big dinners.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I had a cup of coffee and two fried (in coconut oil) eggs when I woke up an hour ago. Eggs were already cooked and in the fridge.

When I get home from the Y in a few hours I'm planning on a bowl of spicy slaw soup, which is a combo of spicy meatballs and half a bag of pre-cut slaw mix cooked in a spicy broth. Dehydrated zucchini chips on the side.

Lunch: We're going to a bike/walk event, and I'm not sure what we'll have there. If it's the usual group of vendors, probably a turkey leg and a gluten-free cookie or brownie with coffee. (A new gluten-free bakery just opened up in that area.)

Dinner: Hamburger and sauteed squash and cashews.

I'll probably also have some cucumber in dip and apple and banana throughout the day.

So today I tracked my food just to kind of see what I was averaging (I only do this rarely just to kind of keep myself in check once every few weeks) and was very happy with what I found. My ratios are exactly where I want them, the only thing I'm not too satisfied with is that I ate a LOT of cheese today and I'm not sure I want to be eating that much dairy regularly.

Oh yeah, the sodium was definitely high too.. this was the first time I've purchased deli meat in FOREVER though so I am letting myself slide... I made sandwhich wraps with Nori Sushi wrappers. Definitely not a regular occurence.

Anyways, I was happy with this:

(click picture for big)

Actually, speaking of sandwhich wraps I seriously enjoyed having a "wrap" again... what is a good deli-meat that isn't full of sodium? Does getting meat cut at the deli counter contain a lot less sodium or what can I try instead? I would like to keep making these for awhile... (with less cheese)

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Two whole cows and a dump-truck load of sweet potatoes...oh, and two Tbs. of Kerrygold.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast