Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine page 6

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    A NEW IODINE BUSINESS HAS BEEN ERECTED

The Iodine Testicle Painting Protocol!

The Strange Yet POWERFUL Technique That Will Flood Your Body With Testosterone And Harden Your Erections.

With No Drugs – No Fake Hormones – No Devestating Side Effects.

http://lowtestosteroneremedy.com/iod...icle-painting/

This is the first business that I know of to exploit iodine commercially since before WWII. In those days, iodine was a BIG BUSINESS with advertising everywhere:
    iodinehistory

This is the T2T procedure detailed at the Curezone, but modified somewhat:
    SPLASH... some IODINE on your Testosterones! at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team, message 1955837

This should be an excellent business to help desperate men regain their manhood. Men are exceedingly desperate when their manhood wilts away ! Maybe T2T is even behind it.

I think the Drug Companies will try to destroy this new enterprise because it is cutting into their lucrative v!agra sales, as in squash it like a bug.

More on iodine:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-05-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Selenium toxicity is why I avoid Brazil nuts. Also, uncomfortable memories.

Drumroll, thank you for filling me in on iodine reserves. I wonder if, with my recent dietary habits, I am a bit low on the stuff, but maybe not. Perhaps I should man up and eat some seaweed and see if I notice any difference.

M.
    Meat and fish and eggs for selenium. Brazil nuts are overhyped. If you're a vegan you need to keep some on hand for the selenium, but us primal/paleo folks don't need to be popping them at all (the fact that I see so many of us worried about their selenium intake on this diet is more worriesome to me than any sort of deficiency).

The nice thing about iodine is because it is stored until used, we don't need to worry about daily intake. So feel free to go on a massive iodine/seaweed splurge for a day or two (seaweed is great), saturate your thyroid with natural, organic, bio-available iodine that can be used by it. But then, after you do that, give it a chance to use that iodine before you go crazy on it again maybe a week or so down the line. Don't go into massive doses of iodine supplementation (food sources or otherwise) on a daily basis.

Quick note about seaweed though... You want to avoid seaweed from the Pacific Ocean now, due to radioactive contamination in the Pacific Ocean from several recent events (Fukushima being just one of many). Iodine can easily become radioactive (you want the non-radioactive iodine for your body) and that stuff collects in the seaweed easily. So seaweed is still great for you as long as it's something grown in another ocean than the Pacific (I'm a fan of several species of kelp that ONLY grown in the Northern Atlantic - supposedly among the most iodine rich seaweeds we know of anyway).

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Flechas Reports:
    How does iodine deficiency manifest itself? Research work has shown that iodine deficiency in the
    thyroid presents as a thyroid goiter (enlargement of the thyroid). In those areas of the world where
    iodine deficiency is very high, such as in Switzerland and in certain areas of Asia and Africa, there
    are also higher incidents of thyroid cancer. Iodine is also concentrated by breast tissue, and a lack
    of iodine in the breasts manifests as fibrocystic breast disease (painful breasts with nodules and
    cysts and often more symptomatic prior to menstrual periods). 93% of American women have
    fibrocystic breast disease and the longer this disease exists, the higher the potential risk for
    development of breast cancer. 20% of all iodine in the human body is stored in the skin, specifically
    in the sweat glands. Lack of iodine in the sweat glands manifests as dry skin with a decreased ability
    to sweat. Iodine can also be concentrated in the stomach tissue, and the lack of iodine in the
    stomach manifests as achlorhydria (lack of digestive acid production). Iodine is used by the stomach
    cells, also known as parietal cells, to concentrate chloride which is necessary to produce
    hydrochloric acid (digestive acid). With the prolonged presence of achlorhydria, there is a much
    higher incidence of stomach cancer. Iodine is concentrated in the lacrymal glands of the eye, and a
    lack of iodine can cause dry eyes. Iodine can also be concentrated in the parotid and
    submandibular glands of the mouth, and iodine deficiency here can result in dry mouth. Iodine can
    be concentrated in the ovaries, and Russian studies done some years ago showed a relationship
    between iodine deficiency and the presence of cysts in the ovaries. The greater the iodine
    deficiency, the more ovarian cysts a woman produces. In its extreme form, this condition is known as
    polycystic ovarian disease.

What about iodine and aging? As most of us know, hypertension (high blood pressure) often
    becomes an issue as we age. Because of this, many are being told that they need to decrease the
    total amount of salt in their diet. However, we must realize that most people over age 60 are
    becoming depleted of iodine due to the lack of iodine in the diet and that this particular group of
    individuals is also the group with the highest occurrence of thyroid nodules and goiters. Also of
    interest is that 25% of the people in this age category will become senile as a result of low thyroid
    (hypothyroidism). Iodine supplementation may alleviate these iodine-related maladies, but iodine
    testing and thyroid studies such as a thyroid ultrasound and thyroid lab tests should be conducted
    prior to beginning iodine supplementation therapy.
    orthoflechas
    More on Iodine:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Meat and fish and eggs for selenium. Brazil nuts are overhyped. If you're a vegan you need to keep some on hand for the selenium, but us primal/paleo folks don't need to be popping them at all (the fact that I see so many of us worried about their selenium intake on this diet is more worriesome to me than any sort of deficiency).

The nice thing about iodine is because it is stored until used, we don't need to worry about daily intake. So feel free to go on a massive iodine/seaweed splurge for a day or two (seaweed is great), saturate your thyroid with natural, organic, bio-available iodine that can be used by it. But then, after you do that, give it a chance to use that iodine before you go crazy on it again maybe a week or so down the line. Don't go into massive doses of iodine supplementation (food sources or otherwise) on a daily basis.

Quick note about seaweed though... You want to avoid seaweed from the Pacific Ocean now, due to radioactive contamination in the Pacific Ocean from several recent events (Fukushima being just one of many). Iodine can easily become radioactive (you want the non-radioactive iodine for your body) and that stuff collects in the seaweed easily. So seaweed is still great for you as long as it's something grown in another ocean than the Pacific (I'm a fan of several species of kelp that ONLY grown in the Northern Atlantic - supposedly among the most iodine rich seaweeds we know of anyway).
    Cheers, thanks. I'll give it a look.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Cheers, thanks. I'll give it a look.

M.
    That's one of the risks with massive iodine supplementation on a daily basis. Especially when you don't know whether the source of your iodine is contaminated with radioctivity or not. Radioactive iodine is bad stuff. Combined with the fact that you might be taking massive doses of it long-term because you think you need to iodine load daily... Ouch.

Source your iodine (even pure stuff like tinctures, etc. for topical use only) very, very carefully.

Grizz is offline Banned
    The Dr. Brownstein recommended iodine is Pure Lugols liquid available as 3.1 mg 3% per drop or 6.3 mg per drop 5%

Additionally iodoral capsules are recommended at 12.5 mg or 50mg per capsule.

Here is the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol:

Iodine testimonials here, many are from Marks Daily Apple:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

Every cell in the human body requires iodine, especially the thyroid, breasts, ovaries uterus & brain.

This is an excellent book to read about iodine:
    Amazon.com: iodine crisis

Grizz

Hawkward is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I never supplement selenium. Ever. Not even with "all natural" Brazil nuts. Selium toxicity, now that's bad shit and I probably get plenty with all the eggs and meat I consume.

Agreed right there.
    I'm glad someone pointed this out. One of the problems with the protocol that got pushed so much in the previous iodine thread (and is cropping up again here also, even including the testicle painting - WTF?) is that it recommends daily selenium supplementation. Someone who already gets sufficient selenium from their diet is going to experience selenium toxicity very soon under that protocol (of course, they'll be told that it's "bromide detox" or something).

Selenium DOES help mitigate a few of the side effects of massive iodine loading (but not all of them), and massive selenium loading can lead to its own problems. Only supp selenium if you think you may be low on it, and that usually only is an issue for vegans.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Grizz is offline Banned
    There is nothing "Massive" about the Dr. Brownstein protocol. He has helped many thousands of patients over the years, and millions of people worldwide are taking his protocol to resolve iodine deficiency symptoms. The wife is taking 12mg a day and her fibrocystic breasts are cured at that dosage. I take 50mg a day for my prostate health.

List of iodine deficiency symptoms:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Deficiency

If you are taking iodine, then you must always take selenium with it. Iodine without selenium can cause thyroid problems.
    Health Related Articles - Thyroid Health - Interactions Between Selenium and Iodine

Best food sources for selenium:
    SELENIUM, A NEW MINERAL FOR HEALTH AND HEALING

Do a Google search of Dr. Brownstein or Dr. Flechas for more on iodine,
    Grizz

rory535 is offline Member
    50mg.....wow. Paul Jaminet (theperfecthealthdiet) suggest starting out at 225 mcg and doubling only 1x per month. Can't imagine how long that would take to get to 50mg.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast