Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine page 5

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Why do you think it's necessary?
    I definitely notice it on weeks I don't get SOME seaweed in me. Popping the pill works if I don't get it another way. I do suspect some people need a LITTLE (keyword little, it's not a giant difference) more iodine than others. Due to the way their individual metabolism functions I suppose.

I do think that temporarily mega-dosing iodine can be seriously useful for people who have been deficient in it for a while, and Grizz is right to point out that this number is on the rise. It's his constant harping on long-term, daily, use of mega-dose iodine that I think is not only unwise, but possibly quite dangerous. As I pointed out, iodine is a bio accumulative, so the occasional manga-dose should be no issue for most people. You can, theoretically, satisfy all of your iodine requirements for say, an entire week with one good sushi binge and not really do much harm. But even the chronically deficient will eventually normalize and at that point should stop the high dosage. Nobody should think of it as a long-term therapy like, say taking an adaptogenic herb might be.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Are there any more questions regarding the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol?

I highly recommend reading this book:
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

This book will answer more questions than I can.

If anyone is skeptical, start reading through our testimonials:
    Many are from right here at Marks Daily Apple:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

However this one is from friends in my own neighborhood:
    A dear friend of mine has been getting me in the know and I believe it is changing the lives of those around me! I started a friend that was diagnosed with a death sentence of cancer on the Iodine Therapy that is described in this book and she has now been given "no cancer" diagnosis. We went into it with "what do I have to loose?" and now, "wow, did it get rid of the cancer?" What do any of us have to loose trying to go to natural remedies?

She had started out with cancer of the uterus in 2000 and then it returned all over her in 2002 she was told it couldn't go in remission but did! Then almost 3 years ago it returned in a tumor that closed off her urine flow so she had to have a cath at all times. We started the iodine therapy one year ago, and within two months her urine flow was going past the cath so we wondered about the cancer's progress. She had been placed on Hospice, so we had to get her off of it before any test could be done. This was finally done in February! Nothing shows up except a 4 cm "spot" on her pubic bone. The bladder scan and pap test were done with no signs of cancer!

This was what happened with her only up to 50mgs of iodine and I maintaining that.

In addition to that I might add:
    I had been diagnosed with fibrocystic breast disease in 1986. With every Mammogram I have done, I have to return for additional test because of what they see. I started the Iodine Therapy along with my friend in June, 2012. Within two months, my lumps and soreness was gone! I remain at 12.5 mg., and I will continue taking this untill somebody shows me a reason to quit!
    http://jackkruse.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post90248
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-19-2013 at 09:41 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I definitely notice it on weeks I don't get SOME seaweed in me. Popping the pill works if I don't get it another way. I do suspect some people need a LITTLE (keyword little, it's not a giant difference) more iodine than others. Due to the way their individual metabolism functions I suppose.

I do think that temporarily mega-dosing iodine can be seriously useful for people who have been deficient in it for a while, and Grizz is right to point out that this number is on the rise. It's his constant harping on long-term, daily, use of mega-dose iodine that I think is not only unwise, but possibly quite dangerous. As I pointed out, iodine is a bio accumulative, so the occasional manga-dose should be no issue for most people. You can, theoretically, satisfy all of your iodine requirements for say, an entire week with one good sushi binge and not really do much harm. But even the chronically deficient will eventually normalize and at that point should stop the high dosage. Nobody should think of it as a long-term therapy like, say taking an adaptogenic herb might be.
    How did people get by before without supplements? And without living near the sea to get their seaweed?

Dairy, beef, eggs, and grain all have iodine. This is a hard one to look up because nutritiondata.self.com doesn't list it for me. I haven't found another website as organized and reliable as that one.

Want some selenium too? 250g (maybe 200g after it's cooked?) of raw beef has 100% of your daily requirement of selenium.

If you still don't believe me that you can throw away all your supplements, give me a number that I have to match for a certain nutrient. I bet I can find an efficient way to cover anything without having to rely upon unique sources such as seaweed. By all means though, continue to eat your seaweed.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Are there any more questions regarding the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol?

I highly recommend reading this book:
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books

This book will answer more questions than I can.

If anyone is skeptical, start reading through our testimonials:
    Many are from right here at Marks Daily Apple:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

However this one is from friends in my own neighborhood:

Grizz
    Are you addicted to feeling hyperthyroided up? At some point, on a mega-iodine diet, you're going to crash hard.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    How did people get by before without supplements? And without living near the sea to get their seaweed?

Dairy, beef, eggs, and grain all have iodine. This is a hard one to look up because nutritiondata.self.com doesn't list it for me. I haven't found another website as organized and reliable as that one.

Want some selenium too? 250g (maybe 200g after it's cooked?) of raw beef has 100% of your daily requirement of selenium.

If you still don't believe me that you can throw away all your supplements, give me a number that I have to match for a certain nutrient. I bet I can find an efficient way to cover anything without having to rely upon unique sources such as seaweed. By all means though, continue to eat your seaweed.
    I never supplement selenium. Ever. Not even with "all natural" Brazil nuts. Selium toxicity, now that's bad shit and I probably get plenty with all the eggs and meat I consume.

Agreed right there.

Grizz is offline Banned
    OK, no questions.

I'll be back to this Iodine Thread again next year to do another update with the latest discoveries on iodine.

If anyone has legitimate questions, you can reach me at the Curezone Iodine Group:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 587, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

One last thing:
    "Your body is able to assimilate minerals and nutrients properly only when its pH is balanced. It is therefore possible for you to be taking healthy nutrients and yet be unable to absorb or use them. If you are not getting the results you expected from your nutritional or herbal program, look for an acid alkaline imbalance. http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/p...f_Disease.html

Mineral Absorption
    Mineral assimilation in the body is affected by pH. Minerals have different pH levels at which they can be assimilated and absorbed into the body. Minerals on the lower end of the atomic scale can be assimilated in a wider pH range, whereas minerals on the higher end of the atomic scale require a very narrow pH range in order to be assimilated into the body. This can be shown with several common minerals.

Sodium and Potassium are readily absorbed
    Calcium and magnesium not as well
    Manganese and Iron less
    Zinc & Copper less
    Less for Iodine
    Iodine, which has an atomic number of 53 requires near perfect pH to be fully assimilated and absorbed by the body. Iodine is one of the most important minerals for proper thyroid function. However, the thyroid does not absorb properly without near perfect pH balance. http://www.gallbladdercomplete.com/the-ph-balance/

http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-PH-Levels

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 08-21-2013 at 03:18 AM.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I never supplement selenium. Ever. Not even with "all natural" Brazil nuts. Selium toxicity, now that's bad shit and I probably get plenty with all the eggs and meat I consume.

Agreed right there.
    Same here. I also eat sardines for that. That's plenty enough I think. I believe one can lose hair if too much is eaten. I would look funny if I turned bald ... thanks but no

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Selenium toxicity is why I avoid Brazil nuts. Also, uncomfortable memories.

Drumroll, thank you for filling me in on iodine reserves. I wonder if, with my recent dietary habits, I am a bit low on the stuff, but maybe not. Perhaps I should man up and eat some seaweed and see if I notice any difference.

M.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Selenium toxicity is why I avoid Brazil nuts. Also, uncomfortable memories.

Drumroll, thank you for filling me in on iodine reserves. I wonder if, with my recent dietary habits, I am a bit low on the stuff, but maybe not. Perhaps I should man up and eat some seaweed and see if I notice any difference.

M.
    It's not that tough. Nori comes in sheets and is available in a lot of stores' ethnic food sections. And of course, Amazon sells everything. Just cut part of a sheet into small pieces and add it to bone broth. If you're feeling adventurous, stir in an egg while the soup is still just under boiling and make a faux egg-drop soup.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get 100mcg in my vitamin supplement (one of Mark's, Advanced Health Formula), and add kelp (kombu) to soups and such. We use sea salt, not iodized salt.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast