Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Iodine page 11

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Dr. Buist message at her Yahoo Iodine Group:

Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?

Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: Yahoo Groups

About the owner: I am a 13 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine. He placed me on 50 mgs of iodine, detoxed, balanced my hormones, switched me from Synthroid to Armour and started a nutritional balancing program. I removed 11 amalgams and a root canal tooth. Today I am feeling better than I have in years! I am a Naturopathic Doctor & Health Coach too. Join us!

To your health!

Stephanie
    Natural Thyroid Choices
    Stepping Stones Living
    Yahoo Groups
    More on Iodine
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-21-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Buist message at her Yahoo Iodine Group:

Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?

Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: Yahoo Groups

About the owner: I am a 13 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine. He placed me on 50 mgs of iodine, detoxed, balanced my hormones, switched me from Synthroid to Armour and started a nutritional balancing program. I removed 11 amalgams and a root canal tooth. Today I am feeling better than I have in years! I am a Naturopathic Doctor & Health Coach too. Join us!

To your health!

Stephanie
    Natural Thyroid Choices
    Stepping Stones Living
    Yahoo Groups
    Grizz

Terri Dodge is offline Junior Member
    Emmie,
    I too have Hashimoto's are you saying sea vegetables are bad or just supplements? Thanks. Why is it bad?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri Dodge View Post
    Emmie,
    I too have Hashimoto's are you saying sea vegetables are bad or just supplements? Thanks. Why is it bad?
    Sea veggies are contaminated with chemicals and should not be taken:
    Seafoods are not recommended
    Reasons why Seafood is not recommended
    - - - Seafood contaminated with radiation Pacific Ocean from Japan
    - - - Seafish contaminated with Mercury
    - - - Seafish contaminated with Arsenic
    - - - Kelp contaminated with Arsenic & Mercury. Contamination with heavy metals can be a serious problem with sea vegetation. Recently, 8 of 9 herbal kelp supplements from a health food store were found to have excessive levels of arsenic in them (74) . For this reason, and because only iodide is present, this is not a preferred source of this idine.
    - - - Seaweed is no longer a healthy food
    Lugols Iodine is pure and has the correct ratio of iodine & iodide.
    Links to the above provided here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-instructions

If you have Hashimotos, you need to supplement with Selenium before you start taking iodine:
    The important key for Hashi is to start selenium first to protect the thyroid cells from oxidative damage from hydrogen peroxide used to incorporate Iodine into thyroid hormone. After two weeks, it is safe to start the iodine supplementation. “Selenium and Thyroid More Good News” - Jeffery Dach Selenium and Thyroid More Good News - Jeffrey Dach MD

The Dr Brownstein Iodine Protocol is recommended for supplementing with iodine:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Iodine References:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

See our testimonials on why it is so important to take iodine supplemnts, ESPECIALLY for women who suffer far more than men from iodine deficiency.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

This is all well documented in this excellent book:
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD: 9780986032004: Amazon.com: Books
    The author explains how she cured her own breast cancer, fibrocystic breast disease, thyroid & brain fog with iodine, AMAZING revelations in her book. She includes a history of iodine > 125 years and many testimonials.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 01-06-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Lyte is offline Senior Member
    I have granulated kelp that I use as a seasoning instead of salt. :3

Terri Dodge is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Grizz,
    Lots of good information to read.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011