Thread: Squash Sprouts? page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I just cut-open a big spaghetti squash I bought like a month ago (I know, I forgot it even existed) and found all the seeds completely sprouted inside. They are big thick sprouts. Lots of them.

Has anyone had them before? Are they even edible?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

That happened to me too one time! I forgot about my spaghetti squash too! I toasted up the seeds (after tossing in some olive oil and sprinkling with a little sea salt) and they were SO YUMMY.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Brilliant, thanks!

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull