Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG! He coated the liver in flour. page

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member

OMG! He coated the liver in flour.

Primal Fuel
    My husband made dinner last night before I arrived home. It was a delicious meal of liver and onions. I had finished eating and was complimenting him on the liver. He said " I think the secret was the coating of flour and spices" I said "Oh, but I am not supposed to eat flour" "It was just a little" he said.

I think he thought I was overeacting. I literally felt as if I had eaten poison. LOL

I am up three pounds today.

Coincidence?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I think he thought I was overeacting. I literally felt as if I had eaten poison. LOL
    Husband: 1, Pebbles67: 0

Coincidence?
    Yes.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    He needs to be flogged with a wet noodle! He probably has those laying around somewhere too!

Seriously tho, as far as the 3 pounds, we can easily fluctuate that much in water.......BUT the last time I had something lightly breaded I was up the next day too, of course it could be the oils, the salts, or a combination of all.....or simply just the natural fluctuations of our body that we would have had if we had broccoli and steak

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My husband made dinner last night before I arrived home. It was a delicious meal of liver and onions. I had finished eating and was complimenting him on the liver. He said " I think the secret was the coating of flour and spices" I said "Oh, but I am not supposed to eat flour" "It was just a little" he said.

Coincidence?

No, it's not a coincidence. A couple tablespoons of flour have been known to cause weight gains of up to 25 pounds in some individuals. Seek medical attention, your body is producing fat at such an accelerated rate your heart will clog and stop beating within the week.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah I also believe that the weight change is completely unrelated. I just wanted to poke at my husband because he is somewhat bewildered by what I am doing. He is not willing to give up his grains...yet.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to up the ante. Take some acting classes, and learn to choke and feign death at the dinner table.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    If it were me I would ask him to tell me when he is going to use wheat in a recipe. Then you can either a) Eat something else. or b) Ask him to not use wheat in your portion. c) Try and find a primal alternative, I'm sure coconut flour wouldve worked just fine as a substitute in this specific recipe for example. Your husband doesn't have to support you, but he shouldn't be sabotaging you either.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    It might not be a coincidence. If I eat even a small amount of flour and grain I gain a lot of water overnight.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    "It was just a little" he said
    OMG, that reminds me of dinner at my parents' house one night, only it was chicken. I opted to pass on dinner and that was my mom's response- It's just a little! Total facepalm.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I'd respond to that by tossing out any flour that happened to still be in the house.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast