Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sort of a bizarre question page

shiggles is offline Senior Member

Sort of a bizarre question

Has anybody else experienced a change in dreaming while sleeping on the PB diet?

I can't remember the last time I actually had a dream before this, probably 3 or 4 years ago. Since I started PB about three weeks ago I've started dreaming all of the sudden.

The last three nights I have had some seriously intense dreams, not really nightmares, but definitely rich and almost lucid. The only thing I can think of is that my pre-pb diet of grains and goop had been somehow inhibiting the normal dreaming process.

There must be somebody else out there who noticed a drastic shift in their dreams since changing to PB.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Snap out of it, you are still dreaming
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    There must be somebody else out there who noticed a drastic shift in their dreams since changing to PB.
    If your hypothesis is that something in the PB diet causes increased frequency or intensity of dreaming, shouldn't you be looking for evidence challenging your hypothesis rather than evidence supporting it?

But if you'd prefer to only find evidence supporting your hypothesis, I'm quite sure that you'll be able to find what you're looking for if you search hard enough. Ancel Keys sure did.

Ok, ok, maybe that was a little rough. To answer your question: no, I've noticed no change in dreaming frequency or intensity on the PB diet. I wish I did, as I find dreams to be very interesting and often exhilarating.

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Actually, we dream every single night. Its a part of our sleep cycle.

When we remember our dreams is when we wake up during the R.E.M. (rapid eye movement) phase of our sleep cycle - when dreaming occurs.

What I can assume is happening is your body is changing it's chemistry, it's rhythms are changing too. I am also assuming you have made changes to your exercise patterns, and this will affect your sleep as well.
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    God, yes. I've decided to get strict about it the past couple weeks, and really ratcheted up the intensity of my workouts and put an increased emphasis on sleeping enough the past half week or so, and I almost always remember my dreams anyways.
    But I wake up, and my emotions are more intense, I remember them more vivdly, etc.
    I think mine has more to do with me lapsing right to sleep after I lay down than anything nutrition wise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    I am also assuming you have made changes to your exercise patterns, and this will affect your sleep as well.
    I have indeed changed my exercise. Whereas before I was all about cardio cardio cardio. Now I am following Mark's recommended workout methodology very closely.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonph View Post
    God, yes. I've decided to get strict about it the past couple weeks, and really ratcheted up the intensity of my workouts and put an increased emphasis on sleeping enough the past half week or so, and I almost always remember my dreams anyways.
    But I wake up, and my emotions are more intense, I remember them more vivdly, etc.
    I think mine has more to do with me lapsing right to sleep after I lay down than anything nutrition wise, though.
    Yes! My first proof of cause! Thank you, confirmation bias!

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    Yes! My first proof of cause! Thank you, confirmation bias!
    I like yer style, shiggles.

Quote Originally Posted by chairdr View Post
    snap out of it, you are still dreaming
    are you the matrix??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big L View Post
    I like yer style, shiggles.
    Ha! In the PB world of proof, causality and actual resarch, SOMEONE has to hold down the old fashioned anecdotal methods. If it's true for one person, then it's the truth!

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I think I saw an increase in dreams, I would attribute it to fixing my sleep. If you enjoy it, you could look into ways of inducing lucid dreaming did it for a while, waking myself up an hour or so before I had to "get up" and I had lucid dreams almost every time, fun stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast