Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much water do you drink? page

primalrob is offline Senior Member

How much water do you drink?

Primal Fuel
    since going primal, i have found that i might consume as much as a quart/litre of water a day...down from about a gallon and a half.
    but the past couple of days i have been a little sick, and i'm pushing the green tea to soothe my aching throat. that got me thinking, how much do you all drink (water, tea, coffee...primal liquids) on a daily basis, and is there an amount we should be consuming?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I drink tea while I'm at work all day long. I've always drank a lot of water and being primal really hasn't cause me to cut down much. It's not like I force myself to though. I'm just a water drinker.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    On a normal day (work day in the office, evening on the farm), I don't drink tons of water. I have 2 mugs of coffee in the morning, a mug or two of tea during the day, a Kleen Kanteen or so of water at work, and maybe another 8-16 oz of water throughout the evening, depending on weather and activity level.

I pretty much go on the drink-when-thirsty theory rather than intentionally swilling as much water as possible.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I guess I drink about 70 fluid ounces (~2.1 quarts). I think it's gone down slightly now that the weather is cooling off. I bring a 27oz water bottle to work with me and drink about 1.5 of those on a typical day. In the evening I drink maybe one more largish glass of water in between my two "dinners".
    Last edited by yodiewan; 10-08-2010 at 07:01 AM.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I drink liquids all day long (no idea of exactly how much), but rarely is it plain water. I drink coffee in the morning and green tea the rest of the day--both hot and plain (no cream or sweeteners). After a workout is usually when I just drink a lot of water.

I evaluate my hydration level by the color of my urine, which I've read is the most reliable measure, because by the time you feel thirsty, most often you're already dehydrated.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    It's tough to say, some days I can drink up to and beyond 2 gallons (including water, coffee and tea) and other days I may have just a half gallon total.

misathemeb is offline Member
    most days 64oz but some more! i just fill up my nalgene and usually by the time i'm home from work i've downed it 2x. afterwork is usually just sipping or a mug of tea. i workout in the a.m. so i'm assuming that's why i'm such a daytime drinker

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    I drink a big green tea in the morning, then have about 2 glasses of water throughout the day. I only drink more if I'm thirsty, or like @emmie, notice my urine is too dark, but that hasn't happened in... I don't even know how long.

Not that anyone is suggesting this, but I've read the whole "8 glasses of water a day" was based on an Australian study (or researcher?) who found we get about 8 glasses worth of water a day from our food. I'm pretty sure that eating Primal, we get more water in our food than if we ate high carb foods - which tend to have less water.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I just drink it whenever I'm thirsty. I have no idea how much water I drink. I pretty much always wake up to 12/16 oz of water though.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I drink a lot of water - 2-3 liters a days. I only really know this because I keep a 1 liter bottle to re-fill and I usually fill up twice a day.. Mostly straight water but also in the form of green tea and a bit of coffee. I definitely drink more on work out days, but I tend to sweat a lot.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast