Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much water do you drink? page 3

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't know, but since I got gout a month ago, I've been making damn sure to stay hydrated, so I can avoid a repeat of that.

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    I have around 1l of plain tap water plus 3 mugs of tea and what ever is in my food. Used to drink more but think I was over hydrating. I think your urine is supposed to be light straw colour?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'm the camel in the group; I rarely drink water. I grab a 19-oz bottle of water in the morning, and occasionally I'll need a 2nd one by the end of the day.

I have two daily mugs of coffee and one of tea. I also eat lots of high fluid veggies and fruit, like cucumbers and apples.

Urine is light yellow and I sweat profusely. I'm one of the few boot-campers who never gets nauseous during class. Everyone else is busy guzzling water in between every change of exercises, and I think that's the reason everyone feels like puking. Last thing I want during a workout is a bunch of water sloshing around my guts.

I also gained some time in last week's 5K when we hit the water station at the half-way mark, when everyone else stopped to gulp water and I just passed it by.

PeteTheMeat is offline Member
    I fill up my 1182ml KleenKanteen with water about 3 times a day at work and drain it, and drink the occasional cup of tea. I drink water sporadically all night at home.

I worry that I might be drinking too much, and was actually wondering if the PB would address this (still at the beginning of the book). Interesting to see that some people here have cut back after being on primal. I think my body might be too dependent on water, as I tend to feel thirsty throughout the day.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barryman9000 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that eating Primal, we get more water in our food than if we ate high carb foods - which tend to have less water.
    If I remember my biochem class correctly, carbs (or more precisely, di and poly-saccharides) also require more water to be broken down than fats or proteins do.

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 cups of coffee throughout the day some days just one cup and water I drink when I am thirsty, usally at a meal, I have no idea how much I actually get in though.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteTheMeat View Post

I worry that I might be drinking too much, and was actually wondering if the PB would address this (still at the beginning of the book). Interesting to see that some people here have cut back after being on primal. I think my body might be too dependent on water, as I tend to feel thirsty throughout the day.
    the book does address this, but hardly at all. toward the end of the book mark shows his food and drink consumption for a few days worth of time. i noticed that he is drinking a lot less water than i originally thought was necessary (which made me start this thread), as little as a couple of water bottles just to keep his throat lubricated for talking.
    i've dropped down to way below a half gallon some days, and the urine color test shows that i'm just as hydrated as any other day.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I dont drink a lot at all, I would probably have one 250/300ml glass of water at work, sometimes 2 or 3 on a good day. Most of the time I drink tea, thats usually about 4 or 5 cups a day. My urine is always dark but frankly I think that's probably just the toxins from tea being excreted??.

I often have a wine or two in the evening and follow up with a glass of water before bed..

rev
    rev is offline Junior Member
    I'm not actually sure how much I drink throughout the day anymore. I fill up a 2 liter bottle in the morning and down that throughout the day, so approx. 2 liters. When my diet consisted of grains/legumes and minimal fat or animal protein, I could drink over a gallon every day with ease and still be thirsty.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Babe View Post
    Ditto.
    Thirded. I will say that pre-primal, I drank a ton more water, and I was always parched. These days, I'm rarely thirsty for plain water.

I have a feeling the answer is related to this somehow. In the 4th paragraph it talks about rats devoid of essential fatty acids literally could not stay hydrated, even after consuming massive quantities of water compared to rats who were given healthy fats and drank less water. Interesting stuff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast