Thread: Recommend good, inexpensive food processors page

NoMoreGrains is offline Member

Recommend good, inexpensive food processors

Primal Fuel
    I am looking for a multi-purpose food processor that is durable, reliable, and inexpensive. I don't want to have to pay more than $30-$40 (US Dollars), and I want to make sure that what ever I get can do everything I need it to do. Here are some ideas of what I'd like to do with it: chopping my omlet and stir fry vegetables (onions, peppers, mushrooms, greens), making cauliflower rice, chopping herbs and spices, slicing and dicing tomatoes, and possibly making nut butters or smoothies/purees (if it has a blender). I'm not sure if I should go electric or manual, as even manual would be quicker than my current method of chopping an dicing with a knife. I know there are many food processor users here, hopefully I can get some insight into good brands, etc. So, what is your favorite inexpensive food processor?

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    The one I have costs $50 (you could probably find it cheaper) and it's done everything I've ever thrown at it without blinking. It's the kind with a basic base and 2 tops: a blender and a food processor.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    A little over your budget but if you watch the sales you can go Cuisinart for about $75. I got an 11 cup Pro Custom, at Bloomingdales no less, for that price, post Xmas sale. Built like a brick outhouse. I'm sure it's the last one I'll ever need to buy. The cheaper ones will work well but the motors will burn out.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    The Magic Bullet is awesome for relatively small quantities. Not sure I'd have bought one (looked a bit cheaply made to me) if it hadn't been strongly recommended to me. It's one of the few appliances that stays on my countertop all the time!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Can you hold out until the holidays (or after)? Massive sales abound and maybe you can score a gift card as a present, thereby making it damned near free to you. Paying full price is for suckers.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I love my Kitchen Aid immersion blender which came with a chopping blade to do some small scale chopping, and whisk attachment to make whipped cream. I use it to make homemade mayo, soups, pestos, and pico de gallo. Good for a 1-2 person household.

TheFoodLovers is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you can hold out for a short while and do a little work, I'm sure you could find something pretty decent on craigslist or at a garage sale. The one we use has to be 20 years old, and never got used. Its built like a tank, and cost $7