Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could it possibly be this easy? page 3

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Not really a conspiracy theorist but I'm beginning to wonder.
    What often seems like a conspiracy is generally nothing more than plain incompetence - CW diet included.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Had to dig into the back of the closet to pull out some smaller clothes. (You never throw out the "thin" clothes,do you?)
    Nope. Not the *really* thin/fit ones anyway. Just this am I tried on a skirt from 1995. It's my favorite peice of clothing ever and I could actually tie it. Banana Republic, 1995 - or maybe 1996. Spring line. Long black drapey skirt that ties in front. Waist sits low - low for 1995/6 anyway. I'm so excited for this to fit again. (in case you coudn't tell)

How wonderful that PB is working so well for you. Fantastic, isn't it?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Y-E-S.

Here's a visual: I have been given a beautiful golden key and I stand at the beginning of a long, dark hallway with many doors. I work my way down the hallway, trying the key in each door. The key never seems to work, but I keep on trying anyway. I finally get to one small, nondescript door that I'd never noticed before. I put the key in resignedly -- I've done this a hundred times before, after all -- why would this one be any different? But THIS time the key clicks, and I catch my breath. The door slowly creaks open and -- LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Cue angel harps! Cue yellow golden light!

There it is.

================================================== ===========================

I go back and forth between feeling like I've hit the lottery here, feeling like I'm in a dream and I must pinch myself to make sure this is real (it is), and being bewildered and angry when I think of the lengths I went to before, following CW, and how IT WAS ALL LIES.

Keep at the coconut! "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" is the book I'm reading now. (I just finished "Coconut Cures".) I am getting crazy results with the combination of no dairy (well, pastured butter, yes....looking for a raw source now) and lots of coconut. Wheeeeeee!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Much of it anyway.

Be sure to test your 25(OH)D as soon as possible. At your latitude and with your family's cardiovascular hx, it's especially important. My linked d doc below has more complete info.

Best,
    Katherine
    +1 Katherine gives excellent advice. If you haven't already, get going on your Vitamin D... 1,000 IU D3 per 25 lbs of body weight.

What can result from a vitamin D deficiency?
    ===================================
    * malformed, brittle bones and osteoporosis.
    * asthma, cancer, depression, heart disease, diabetes, even weight gain.
    * high blood pressure + vitamin D deficiency could be deadly.
    * breast cancer may spread more rapidly
    * Increased risk of developing breast cancer.
    * Increased risk of colon cancer and prostate cancer.
    * Increased weight gain after menopause
    * Treats Herpes Simplex-types 1 & 2

Best of health to you,
    Grizz

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Not much of a blogger/journaler here, obviously, but coming up on a year and I sit here almost unable to process what has transpired. Hit some sales today to get some winter clothes and I'm in a men's small, for real. I must have tried on 10 different pieces just to convince myself, I might have broken down if I wasn't careful. Fat since puberty I've not been this size in my adult life. Always have gone baggy but w/ a 41" chest over a 31" waist it's time to start showing off that "V" shape.

Well, the body was a teardown, nothing worth saving (other than my perfect teeth) and now that my sky high blood pressure is under control it's time to start building up some muscle. I was leery of the sprinting and lifting until that was resolved and have confined myself to walking. I might have been satisfied as things stand but the before/after thread and Friday success stories are an inspiration to go all the way. Will submit pics and confessional sometime next year.

So long for now, and thanks for all the bacon. (Apologies to D.A.)
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Savage67 is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations to you for bucking CW and being successful.

And thanks for the timely post.
    I have been asking the same question the last few weeks.... "Could it possibly be this easy".
    I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks, but more impressive, I have lost 5 inches around my waist and 4 inches around my chest.
    And it is so easy and I haven't been anywhere near 100% or done any consistent exercise.
    And to be honest, I have been eating the best food I have ever eaten as an adult.

I love hearing about all of the successes.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Hehe... your waist is an inch smaller than mine! But your chest is bigger
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Grizz is offline Banned
    I suggest reading the new book by Cardiologist Dr. Wm Davis, "Wheat Belly."

Book Review:
    Fat Head Book Review: Wheat Belly

Edit: Already on the Best Sellers List in just 1 week !
    Wheat Belly hits #5 on New York Times Bestseller List--in 1st week!
    http://www.trackyourplaque.com/blog/...ller-list.html

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-10-2011 at 12:37 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Ivy!!! Looking forward to your success story soon!
    Georgette

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Hehe... your waist is an inch smaller than mine! But your chest is bigger

Well, I've gone from a "B" cup myself to a "AA". I could have been the poster boy for Wheat Belly. If folks haven't they should definitely check it out. Dr. Davis is quite militant in a refreshing way and being an actual cardiologist gives his arguments, based on real world medical interventions, additional heft. I'm ordering the book just to support the cause.

If strong is the new skinny it's time for wheat to be the new tobacco.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123