Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could it possibly be this easy? page 2

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    yes. Sickening when you work so hard to conform to cw, only to find it's wrong and the alternative is really, really easy.
    this.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Josie is offline Junior Member
    I have to add my two cents. Just came home from a gathering where the main food was chicken parmagian, pasta. bread and subs. I didn't eat any of it and opted to wait until I got home. It's not that I was being rude- I know for me that if I ate any of that food I would be feeling sick later. It's like ingesting poison. So yeah it's easy because there is such a major difference in how we feel. So, I just socialized , drank my water and then came home and had ribs and an avocado.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    It has been incredibly easy for me too.

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    "Poison" is pretty much the way I've been seeing the grain based diet lately, or maybe like being drugged. I feel like all of the masses who are eating a sugar/grain based diet are essentially drugging themselves (without even knowing it) to feel sluggish and sick. I have a 3 and a 5 year old at home, and I'm going to try to cut them over to primal.

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    IvyBlue - congrats on your success! Sounds like you are well on your way

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Well. too late for the before picture. Stunning results in a few short weeks, WITHOUT REALLY TRYING! I'll have to call 10/10 the start date.

I've never been on a diet in my life but have always been willing to overhaul my lifestyle. Not really a conspiracy theorist but I'm beginning to wonder. Yesterday's Wall Street Journal was referencing the "poor" corn harvest that is yet the 3rd largest ever in the United States. Is it any wonder why the obesity rate is so high?

rozska is offline Senior Member
    It has been this easy for me. Aversion therapy works. I have something grain based and I get a horrific allergy attack (congestion, can't breathe, feel awful, etc.) Plus, I get to have bacon. And avocado. And heavy whipping cream. And -- the list goes on. So much good food, not ever hungry, not every going back.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Then I happen upon the Primal Blueprint. Skeptical before I ordered it, even more skeptical after I read it but figured what the hell. 2 weeks ago started trying it and so help me I dropped a belt notch in a few days. Then a non-primal whole wheat home made pasta meal and I'm feeling bloated and it hits me: a systemic allergic reaction. Maybe my imagination? Primal again for a week and then a small bran muffin at work and this time felt downright ill.

Could it be this easy? Is Sisson right, about all of it? .
    Much of it anyway.

Be sure to test your 25(OH)D as soon as possible. At your latitude and with your family's cardiovascular hx, it's especially important. My linked d doc below has more complete info.

Best,
    Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    2 weeks? 3 weeks? Hard to say, but less than a month. First really nasty weather here since last winter, time for the long pants.

Had to dig into the back of the closet to pull out some smaller clothes. (You never throw out the "thin" clothes,do you?)

I was an honest 38" waist 3 weeks ago, I am down to (admittedly a little snug, but appropriate) 36 inches. I've never been a scale guy so can't tell what the weight is but I've never thought that was an important measure anyway.

Now to poach the beautiful piece of salmon in the fridge. I will say this, I do not want to drop into "starvation" mode but I am finding I'm not particularly "hungry" at any time the way I was in the past. Not that I have to force myself to eat, my catch phrase has always been "I could eat," but I think I'll have to track things for a couple of weeks to keep the calories up where they should be.

I've been on vacation and have devoted a bit of time to reading. The last time I did that the internet was in its infancy (a mere 10 years ago, kids) and I will say that the vegetarian/vegan/soy/anti-animal fat crowd was monopolizing the conversation about healthy eating. I had a shelf full of books supporting that wisdom. When the conventional wisdom fails you after much sustained effort you begin to think that it's you, some sort of personal or moral failure. If nothing else I'm glad to know that it was through no fault of my own that I was not able to be healthy with the conventional wisdom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast