Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me gross myself out, please! (fun but serious) page

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member

Help me gross myself out, please! (fun but serious)

Primal Fuel
    I am a teacher. They are constantly feeding us for free, which is tempting--and the offerings are always artificial and carb-oriented, the type of food that gets snarfed up and everyone says, "wow, that was a hit!" and tries to out-do it, usually more cheaply, so the food keeps getting more and more ugly, deadly, and tempting (and yes, it is tempting to me--sorry guys, but I don't see that changing).

I have done my fair share of lounge-food snarfing, and it is still a constant temptation. Today I avoided the copious amounts of baked goods and the juices to go along with them, but I fell victim to catered leftover breaded chicken in sweet Italian sauce. In addition to the breaded part, it made the difference between meeting my calorie goal and blowing it.

I need to somehow twist my thinking so that lounge food is equivalent to dumpster-diving in my mind.

I've decided that I'm going to spend some time doing some sort of reverse meditation, where I get myself all worked up... I'm going to picture roaches and mice (which certainly live in the building) crawling all over the counters and making their way into the food... and swarms of flies, of all kinds... and I'm going to picture coworkers sneezing on stuff... and students dropping the food on the ground and the wrestling mats as they bring food boxes in the back gym door...

Help me, folks. What other horrific images of lounge food finds can I get in my mind to help me avoid eating it???

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Been there. What works for me is trying to pronounce all the crap in the ingredients list. After seeing all that, I'm less enthused to eat it. That and the rat/ roach trick should work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    It may not be just in your imagination. According to surveys I've read, more than half of employees who work with food preparation ADMIT to doing horrible things to it: Hawking loogies, picking their noses and wiping it on the food...and the list gets more and more disgusting.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I imagine mold all over it. I try to smell the mold, get that horrible taste in the back of my throat from smelling mold etc. and then I usually gag and leave. Lol I have an active imagination! It does not however extend to peanut butter, my arch nemesis.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Oh, if it's catered, that's even easier: picture the nearest 3 year old you know making the food, complete with playdoh bits and dog hair. I've met several line cooks who admit to picking up the food after dropping it and continuing (5 sec rule en masse) without even really looking it over.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    maggots ....

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    EEEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwww. Mold.

Good stuff! Keep it coming...

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any other suggestions, but as a school employee, I can totally relate to your post. I am going to use the rat/roach imagery next time a spread is put out. The mold one might work, too...

sf40 is offline Senior Member
    Great idea!!

I don't have any suggestions now, but can totally relate. I am not a teacher, but we constantly have carb-y stuff around like bagels, doughnuts, breakfast pastries, cookies, birthday cakes. If I have any ideas will post them.

The ingredient idea is good and often works for me. If the food comes in packages, read the ingredients label. That should turn you off right away.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Picture this.
    Last edited by Bostonbully; 10-07-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: It was a fat chick eating a cake but I'm not keeping it on my photobucket.
    "Live Free or Die"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast