Thread: Trouble with Greens? page

AT22 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Trouble with Greens?

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have trouble digesting greens? I know this is a tad unpleasant but I have some real problems when I eat kale, collards, chard, etc. Any suggestions for this problem?

feralcat is offline Junior Member
    Hey AT

Are you talking about cooked greens or raw greens? I believe the general consensus is that cooked greens are easier to digest then raw. I recently had a stint with my digestion where even the cooked greens were giving me trouble and needed to back off on them temporarily and take HCL to get my gastric juices flowing. I thought "what kind of hell is this that I can't eat broccoli? Nnnnooooo!". I stuck with the easiest to digest veggies (summer squashes, sweet potatoes, beet greens, carrots, radish, zucchini, etc.) for a couple weeks and slowly added the greens back in. I still am not eating, say, raw kale avocado salad, but kale chips and boiled greens are all good now. HTH.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    We need to know the problem - guessing doesn't do it!!!

isaboblue is offline Senior Member
    If I eat too many of those types of greens I do have digestive issues. These are Cruciferous vegetables and should be cooked, not eaten raw. Some folks have an easier time eating these than others and eating them raw sometimes is no problem...I have to watch it though.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith